Christmas presents

Have you purchased any Christmas presents for this year yet? Don't shoot me..I am only the piano player... I always get annoyed when people say they are done with their Christmas shopping in Septemember or October. I am always a last minute kind of shopper but, I just ordered a bundle of socks from Amazon that are nice winter socks. I can defintely spare a couple of pairs for stocking presents for next year. They are earmarked for that. What about you? Any presents purchased already for next Xmas
Nice. I hate storing things so unless i find a magical deal ill wait until around october
That is very good you will find some as well. I hate hoarding so I am very glad to have it tidy.. I hope you share your finds I will be waiting. Bless you.
I am not a storer either..but I don't need 5 pairs of woolen socks..I am basically OK for socks.I mean I could use a few pairs..but that would be it.
I buy Christmas presents after Thanksgiving.
That is when I usually do it..but not always..I have bought some stuff at Christmas craft shows in Novemember.
Nope no presents yet. But we are ones who get done usually in September-October. Lol. We dont wait til last minute for anything and hate when others do. (If it involves us)
I am not usually even thinking about the holidays then.
@snowy22315 lots dont. Lol
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I haven't done Christmas stuff yet. I did order Valentines day presents, but that's as far ahead as I am.
That seems a bit more typical.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@snowy22315 I don't do Christmas shopping till at least novemeber unless there is just a really syuper deal.
I would start shopping early if I knew what to buy for people. My grandchildren are a mix of ages and getting harder and harder to buy for as they get older. So, I'm usually stuck Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving.
You can take advantage of more sales then too.
Yes I've started for upcoming Christmas already. :)
Good for you! It will take the panic out of it..and also you can capitialize on some better deals hopefully.
@snowy22315 Yes lots of great deals :) and plenty of time, no need to rush to shop last minute!
@infatuatedbby It's good as long as you have a place to store them.
hmmm maybe in december 2018
lol, really getting busy there!
@snowy22315 yeah it will be
@Spontaneo (1814)
No... not yet... I want to thoroughly spend moments in the summer sun first... many, many moments...
I didn't exactly decide I was going to use some of these for Christmas presents until I realized I was going to have so many. Then I thought, OK, let me give some for Xmas presents.
@Spontaneo (1814)
@snowy22315 I really can see your point. I think it is a super idea. I would like to buy a few gifts here and there myself. I just dread the thought of another winter. I do not live in a warm climate and am a sun worshiper. Wouldn't it be nice if Christmas Eve and Day were the only snowy and freezing days of the year?
@1creekgirl (12456)
I admire those who shop early, but I tried that one year and ended up still shopping closer to Christmas and spent too much money all together.
Yes, I think when you buy presents early you end up just kind of adding to the stash.
I have three bins already and I am shopping all year long. I am making 5 care baskets. and in Sept I will figure out the rest. I am using cash this year to the best of my ability. So I need to keep shopping. I have the need for more storage now. It's amazing and fun. I have a lady shopping for me and I am shopping for her. Another lady wants a May package so we are doing that. if you want I can share my group with you. It's not active yet but you will see some stuff you may like.
Well, actually, I am not going to make a big project out of it..as I have other fish to fry..but if I see some things I like..I will put them aside.
@bebuddy (269)
Still receving christmas present
I seeee
No, it's a bit early for me and I don't have many to buy for any more. But well done. It's always good to have a few things in hand - and it spreads the expense.
@Gillygirl (17603)
• Sutton, England
I have bought a few presents in the January sales.
I have actually started! I scoured the Christmas clearance for any potential gifts . . . mostly for generic stuff that can be given to anyone. In the past couple years, I got so last minute . . . I didn't like the bit of stress I went through with this last Christmas - so I vowed to be on top of things for this year. The main gifts I'm sure I'll buy closer to the holidays.
I don't buy Christmas presents at all.