Shocked and Pleased at the Outcome

@nanette64 (17610)
Fairfield, Texas
Myself and a few others here were probably dancing a jig at the end of the Super Bowl yesterday when the Eagles won. What I was surprised at was the score of 41-33. My sister and I had a bet. She was taking the Patriots and I the Eagles. Her score was 24-19 and mine was 21-17; so you can imagine how surprised we were. The Patriots 'could' have won the game had Brady not been sacked and lost the ball with only 2:21 seconds left to play in the game. They could have had a touchdown and tried a 2-point conversion which would have sent the game into overtime. I am happy for the Eagles though since this is their first Super Bowl win in their history. I wonder if Tom Brady (quarterback of the Patriots) will decide to retire now.
I'm not a football fan but I was happy the Eagles won since I'm from Pennsylvania
Oh!my are we picky here.Even though Brady lost.He has so many titles . they realized the outcome out of this.by the way I am glad the Eagles won.They were awesome.Yes it would have been nice if we did. No big deal .No sense in talking about Brady.He made history in the book.You win some and lose some.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
It was definitely a knuckle-biter @amadeo . And normally the commercials are really good but the only one I really liked was the one with Eli Manning & Odell Beckham dancing to the song Dirty Dancing. Hilarious. It actually won for the best Super Bowl Commercial.
@nanette64 yes that was great.I did like Danny DeVito on the MM commercial. The Half time with Justin Timberlake was awful and very bad taste there.Never did care for him. He was so cocky when with the group in his early days
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
@amadeo Yeah, I'm not a fan of Justin's either.
I'm glad that you're happy. As I don't understand American football the least bit and am not interested in sports in general, I can't share your joy.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
It's okay @MALUSE , it's more of an 'American' thing so to speak.
@nanette64 So I'm forgiven? :-)
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
@MALUSE Oh absolutely!! A football game wouldn't tear us apart.
I made it completely through yesterday without even hearing or seeing a single score.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh, my man.....seriously? I figured you'd be a football junkie @JolietJake .
@nanette64 I don't believe I have watched a game this century
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JolietJake OMG. I guess that puts a hold on us living together.
I was thrilled the Eagles won. I cannot stand the Patriots. Brady said he wanted to play until he was 45, but who knows. While he said he'd be back next year, oddly Rob Gronkowski was the one who said he'd have to think about coming back. He probably will, but I was surprised retirement ever occurred to him.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
And did you hear on the news that Gronk's house got robbed while he was playing the game @AmbiePam ?
@cintol (6264)
We were rooting for the Eagles and so happy they won, Tom could retire now as he has plenty to be proud of
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm glad the Eagles won too. They are an excellent team.
Fly Eagles fly great win and, no I don't think he will retire.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
He's in pretty good shape for a player that is 40 @TRBRocks420 .
I am glad you were pleased with the outcome.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
I was @jstory07 , they did an outstanding job.
I am glad your team won.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
Me too. Now I get to rub it in to my sister @Kandae11 . Since she's such a die-hard Patriot fan.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Years ago, my father loved watching football games on TV. He had no favorite team, and he would always root for the loser. I never understood that then, but I do now. I rarely watch football, because it's just too obscenely rich a sport for my taste. But I did yesterday in the hope that the crown would move to another team for a change. And it did. I live in Maine, so you can imagine the Patriot fever that is epidemic here at Super Bowl time. It'll take Brady and his buds down a notch, which is a good thing.
@nanette64 (17610)
• Fairfield, Texas
My Dad was a huge football fan, so growing up, it was a natural thing to do. My Dad was a huge Packers fan @Raelove .
Glad to hear your team won.
He already said he wasnt retiring anytime soon and coming back for 18-19. But you never know. Im really glad he lost. Drives me crazy how people talk about him