Can you sit in an imaginary ‘Chair’?

@Sreekala (23402)
Greetings to all My knees started to hurt me for some months now. I am searching some ways to get some relief from the same by doing exercise or some home remedies than going for medicines. My teenage son suggested me to do some exercises and he showed me how to sit like in an imaginary chair. I tried many times but failed to follow his steps (lol). Anyone have any suggestions for treating the knee pain? (Exercise, home remedies etc)
@AKRao24 (19777)
Dear @Sreekala , it looks you have started to have your knee pain in the recent past....that means this can be checked at the early stages...I have seen an video on the Whatsapp by some doctor where he advised to sit on a uniform surface and keep the knee in relaxing position and now try to locate the knee cap. That is the cap of the knee which moves freely on the knee joint and it is known as 'Patella'. Now this Patella movers in all eight directions - upwards , down wards, left side, right side and diagonally between upside and leftside. upside and right side , downward and left side and downward and right side.That means it can move in all eight directions. Now he advises to catch hold of the patella while in relaxing position and move it three times in each direction three times so that the moments hampered if any will get to normal this you can do three to four time a day by relaxing your knee! Hope this thing works for you! All the best!
@AKRao24 (19777)
Hope you better take advice of a doctor before start taking any pain killers etc dear @Sreekala as these mediciners are dangerous in long run! Thanks!
@Sreekala (23402)
@AKRao24 There is no way I take pain killers. I have not taken any action for this so far.
@vandana7 (66117)
Nice one..gonna try those exercises. :)
I have no idea what exercise would get rid of the knee pain as I don't exercise myself. I just know that drinking green tea might help. Also you can check out Pinterest for exercises particularly for the knee. You'll find many answers there.
@Plethos (10310)
do it leaning against a wall. the other thing it could be is the weather, if its cold.
@Sreekala (23402)
I am not sure the cold season has any role. Let me try to learn the same.
• Trinidad And Tobago
You can extend the leg and knee out while sitting comfortable on a chair. Let the leg rest on something. Then flex the muscles at the knee cap, pulling upwards. Do 6 times then relax 30 sec. Repeat cycle as many times as you want. (Two minutes is good) and through out the day. Yogic exercise good to remove water from knee joints or any kind of pains.
• Trinidad And Tobago
@Sreekala It worked for me!
@Sreekala (23402)
@Gita17112016 Yoga expert in India Baba Ramdev is also explained this method in his video. He also added some more methods and I felt I can follow it easily. Thank you for sharing your experience, the real experience is really worthy
• Trinidad And Tobago
@Sreekala Glad to share. Hatha Yoga (physical exercises) are always beneficial.
@vandana7 (66117)
Are you taking your tablets regularly? That exercise that you are being asked to do is called "goda khurchi" in our language, and is actually given as punishment to kids. Do not try it as it could mean you need help to get up else you might bang head against the wall while getting up. I suggest calcium tablets ostocalcium ..daily..2 - one in morning one in evening. Then some simple ALWAYS BEGIN WITH SIMPLE EXERCISES. Goda khurchi for adults is simplified. Lie down on floor and put your legs on bed. Count 10. Bring them down. Again do it. First two days 20 times. Next two days 30 times, then after two days 40. Stop at 50. Tell me if you feel any relief.
@Sreekala (23402)
I am not taking any tablets at all. I heard taking calcium tablets has its own problems. I already started simple exercises. Let me see how it changes. I think I have to wait for a month at least to find any result. Thank you dear.
@vandana7 (66117)
@Sreekala Yes...it is true that taking calcium tablets can have problems. But not taking them is no better. Especially with age when milk starts giving gases because tummy is either producing too little acid, or too much of it. At least we can be walky talky for longer with calcium + vitamin D tablets.
@rheicel (7328)
Haven't tried sitting in the imaginary chair that's must be hard. Have you tried to consult a doctor for your knee pain?
@Sreekala (23402)
I have not consulted any doctor so far. I really don't want to complicate the same with unnecessary medicines. I am searching natural way of healing, which will be good for the long run. Thank you.
@rheicel (7328)
@Sreekala Okay, praying for your fast recovery.
What a smart son you have. That is a great idea.
@Sreekala (23402)
Thank you so much. The younger generation is always one step forward.
@Sreekala You are so right Sreekala.
• Cuddalore, India
I can't because of knee pain.
@Sreekala (23402)
You too have knee pain? I know you are so young comparing to my age so please take proper precautions to avoid the knee pain.
You should consult a physio therapist. They will suggest something for you.
@Sreekala (23402)
If there is no other way then I have to go for a doctor
@Icydoll (22513)
Omg with knee pain how can you try knee excercise.thats not a good excercise for it as we put pressure on knee .try some excercise which doesn't put pressure on knee.
@Sreekala (23402)
So according to you, I should not do exercise with pain. That is right, it is more painful. I think I have to search some other remedies to relieve the pain then go for exercise. Thank you.
@gaianoor (1144)
• Tirana, Albania
I did this exercise in my gym class. You can start with your shoulders on the wall and start moving down slowly. First times you can try it this way and after some time you will stay by yourself.
@Sreekala (23402)
Exactly the same way my son showed me. He said this way I can start but due to pain I failed to do it.
I doubt I can do something like that because it's even harder to do some squat as well.
@Shivram59 (4213)
@Sreekala Your son is right.This exercise is good for your knees.I do it everyday.
@Sreekala (23402)
My goodness!!!!!!! Don't you have any other suggestions? It is really painful for me.
@Shivram59 (4213)
@Sreekala LOL!! It's painful,but only initially.I do setups everyday.May be therefore I don't have any problem with it.If you bear the pain patiently,you'll get habituated soon.
@Sreekala (23402)
@Shivram59 I will try then, but I have pain already, it will be double hard for me.
@tzwrites (4952)
I've never tried sitting in an imaginary chair but I think it's painful for the knees? Or no?
@Sreekala (23402)
It was painful for me and I gave up. But my son is doing it very comfortably. He told me you have pain that is why you can't do it.
@Sreekala What your son can do you may not because of your age and I would not advise you to.
@Sreekala (23402)
@allknowing haha yes of course he is in his teens
@Thewings (636)
First of all dear take care of yourself. Sorry I haven't an idea about this imaginary chair.
@Sreekala (23402)
It is ok no problem if you don't have any idea. I have done several researches already in this topic and I am regular on my exercises. Let me see how things are going on with me.
@Thewings (636)
@Sreekala please get well soon and I hope you get best remedy for your knee pain.
@Sreekala (23402)
@Thewings Thank you so much.
Do yoga. Seriously...yoga has no knee stretching and you can start very slowly. It will lubricate your joints nicely. Also, for hurting joints is the best remedy gentle (natural) movement. I think walking or swimming can be awesome.
What also help a lot is something called a "Horse balm". Here is explanation - It works miracles! Seriously.
Horse balm or horse fat as people call it is very useful and effective means. Most users intrigued by the title of the balm, but there is still no exact information as to why this healing ointment …
@Sreekala (23402)
Thank you so much for referring yoga and medicine. I spent much time today to learn the particular exercises for joint pains. Baba Ramdev's video helped me to learn a lot.
@nife2018 (1148)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Try to follow your boy's idea, it will help you knees to heal fast, or do abroad walk
@Sreekala (23402)
Oh God! I must do something.
@nife2018 (1148)
• Lagos, Nigeria
@Sreekala yea, smile
@kepweng (16794)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
do u alreadt tried yoga??
@Sreekala (23402)
I am doing it even though no relief on my knee pain.
@Madshadi (8933)
• Brussels, Belgium
That’s doesn’t sound like a good idea. It could only cause damage to your back. The most important thing to consider before doing exercise is the correct posture.
@Sreekala (23402)
I am doing exercises and I feel some relief. I hope I will improve slowly. Let me wait and see.
I am not sure about that. I hope it does feel better soon.
@Sreekala (23402)
Thank you and I too hope so.