Respect

A 9-year old street child was caught on CCTV stealing the condolence money from the wake. Was on the news which I happen to just see while having dinner tonight. The daughter of the dead person was interviewed and she said, it was only money but the child should have respected her dead mother. Yes, it was only money and the street child was probably hungry and needed the money more. This child has been on the street all his life with no known parents. This child could have probably never even gone to school at all! Do you think this child had the opportunity to grasp the concept of RESPECT or even understood what it means? I know what the 9-year old did was wrong. But I could let it pass. I would probably never mention about respect for the dead for this child may never have known that at all. I actually felt sorry for him. And even if this child belongs to a syndicate forcing children to steal, i would still feel sorry and would even feel more sorry as he is just a victim in this situation.
Hmmm...you mean you get money for your birthday AND your deathday? Not a custom I've had any experience with. But yeah...I tend to agree with what you said here.
Stealing is not the right thing, but the 9 year old has no known parents and living in the street. What can the child possibly do. :(
@toniganzon I’m sure the mom wouldn’t mind some spare money being taken. Consider it as a donation to the child.
@1hopefulman (32461)
What is sad is that this child is on the street and is just thinking of surviving.
Exactly why I felt so sorry for that child.
That is low.
I agree with you dear sister.
Do you have a choice, brother?
@toniganzon of course I do.
@allen0187 hope to see you again soon. Might be in the capital city again by the end of the month.
@db20747 (9375)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Someone now needs to help this child!
Indeed. He has been and out of children's home. He kept running away for some reason.
@averygirl72 (16617)
He is 9 years old, old enough to know what's good from bad. Poor child
They do? They learned that with an empty stomach?
@KrauseHome (35517)
Someone needs to take this child into their own safety. Give them a place to live, and know that there are people out there who Love him. While also teaching him that stealing is wrong and not the way to get along in life
Yes, that child deserves a home with a loving family.
@Freelanzer (9499)
It would be nice to donate the wake money to the homeless children in the name of her mother. That would be showing respect for her mother.
True.
@ridingbet (59428)
the daughter of the deceased has the kind heart to forgive the kid, but i agree the kid should respect the departed mother. a 9 year old kid should know something about respect. maybe he was so hungry that he stole the money?
I don't think she was kind at all. And I doubt if she has forgiven him. I saw no sincerity in her and if she was sincere, she wouldn't have added her issue of respect.
That is just so sad all around!
It is sad.
I've never heard of money being given at a wake. I hear what you're saying.
It's customary in this country.
@Plethos (10869)
the only life the child knows is an animal like life.
Yeah and I feel so sorry for him and I can just imagine what he's going through. I'm afraid of what he might become.
The street child was desperate, and I definitely feel the child, who has had no guidance from responsible adults, should be forgiven.
He was surely desperate and he deserve to be forgiven.
I've seen many children beg on my travels. It is horrible to see such poverty, especially in third world countries. I never heard of condolence money.
@JustBhem (42892)
• Davao, Philippines
I heard about it and never see this in the news. I agree with you, Miss Toni.
@yanzalong (10174)
I totally agree with you.
@levis2020 (171)
Life can be so cruel for many street children. Without the care of parents, these souls may end up as criminals.
Well he already is considering what he did was a criminal act already.
@ShifaLk (8449)
Oh yes. He might be hungry and who will think about the respect and all when nobody is taking care of him in this world
Right.
@kavinitu (5061)
He might be hungry a reason that he stole the money. I really felt sorry about him
That's the obvious reason.