The Good The Luck The Charm

You are out for an important work. Be it a interview, business deal , exam etc. A good luck charm work for lot of people. A friend of mine always keep this one rupee coin which he considered lucky for any new work he does. My neighbour has a second hand maruti 800 vehicle the then 1980's car model , Which he consider lucky for him. In 2001, he was on his way to home when the earthquake at bhuj, Gujarat occurred. He felt the tremor and got a terrible shock inside his car. Luckily he is alive and gives all credit to the car. His grandson was born in this lucky car when suddenly his daughter in law felt the labour pains. I always insist him to buy a new car, to which he replied, " there is some amazing connect with this car and iam never going to sale or discard my car". I don't have any such lucky charm in my life, but I observed the day Tuesday is lucky for me. Be it my first job interview, promotion date, the pending case judgement in my village. The day Tuesday brought goodnews for me. Does good luck charm really works ? Or is it just a Superstition or coincidence? I red somewhere that luck is only your will to achieve something badly. I dont know, but i can say, sometimes people are fortunate and lucky without doing anything. They associate their continuous success with some object or thing. Lets say you forgot to wear your wig on a bus journey, that met with an accident and you were the only survivor. You may get it in your head that it was your wigless appearance that day which made you lucky enough to survive. That's how a lot of them get started. This is simply amazing. Iam sure you must have your version too. Please feel free to share ! Image taken from Google
@dodoazo (21740)
I never rely on charm, luck or whatever. The successes I have in my life are the results of good attitude towards work, the support of my wife and children, and most of all the blessings which the Lord has given me because of my unwavering and strong faith in Him.
Thanks for the comments. Is there a continuous success achieved by you? Consecutively?
@dodoazo (21740)
@stapllotik Not consecutively. It started when I was baptized in the Church 38 years ago. I was hired as a Church property custodian. Then I passed the teachers' board and became a clasdroom in the public school. Years past I was promoted as a school principal. Now I retired last year and was able to buy a family versavan for our service in going to Church every Sunday and in going family outing. All these things come from the Lord's blessings.
@dodoazo (21740)
@stapllotik God bless. Faith works effective than luck, charm, or amulet or whatever.
@peachpurple (12772)
don't trust good luck charm, trust God instead
Iam sure god is your good luck charm !
@Courage7 (18667)
I would say the work but I come from a very superstitious family so. I like to carry little good luck charms such as a shamrock. I also have religious medals that I carry and a rosary.
Superb ! I wish you good fortune in any venture you attempt. What is the difference between a 3 leaf and a 4 leaf shamrock?
@Courage7 (18667)
@stapllotik A shamrock is three leaves. A clover is four leaves. The shamrock was as the trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
@Courage7 (18667)
@stapllotik Very welcome
@porwest (8638)
I personally do not believe in good luck charms. It's like Dane Cook once said about dream catchers. "Do you ever notice that when you see a car next to you with a dream catcher hanging from the rear view mirror, it doesn't seem to be working?" lol
Well said ! Thanks.
Certainly some things seem to be lucky for certain people. I think mostly it is coincidence but if it makes people feel better/more confident then that is good.
Perfect answer ! I was searching for that.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
I rely on all that stuff, and believe in all that stuff, I'll admit it. I do candle spells that probably don't even work, search for lucky pennies (heads up only), save all receipts that add up to the number 11 in some way, carry this "magic" pink heart that a psychic gave me whenever I talk to cute guys, and SERIOUSLY ask Magic 8 Balls endless questions.
That's exciting. Any success stories ?
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@stapllotik hahaha sometimes.....but not really. Will I continue using all of these methods? Of course I will. Because I'm a believer and I'm no quitter.
@Melanie_Marie good bless you. Good luck
I'm a believer and I don't carry good luck charms but I do think God smiles on us and has a path for us. He doesn't prevent bad things but shepherds us through bad times. Our prayers are considered and often answered favorably but our characters are built going through tough times and he is there to lean on. Perhaps we do have favorable days or some seem to have more "luck" than others. We can cast our lot with that or we can rely on God, but we cannot do both as God tells us not to rely on charms and such. So I think there must be something to that or he would not forbid it. The good and bad things that come my way are part of my path through life and I live quietly trying to help others if I can and live in a way that would please him.
Well said !
@jobelbojel (8697)
I don't believe in luck. I believe in blessings.
I don't have any lucky charm. I'm not superstitious that was.