Craziness......

Last March my husband and I had our mail forwarded for 1 year, until March 30th of this year. I choose that length of time because income tax slips have to be in the mail and post-marked the last day of February. Often times you do not receive some of the late ones until March. Yesterday my husband received a call from Canada Post. They advised him that we need to go online and update our change as some of our mail is being returned to sender. That sounded fishy to us both. But this morning I took on the task of calling Canada Post. I don't like hold music, but I did it anyways. He opened a ticket and it will be resolved within 48 hours. I asked what we could do on the site other then to pay for another redirection. After shelling out $100 a year ago, I wasn't about to do that again. Apparently there are some scams going on trying to get customers to go on that site and change their information. Sheer craziness this world that we live in isn't it?
I am always suspicious when I receive this kind of emails. There are so many scammers around.
It wasn't actually an email but a call on the phone. They are investigating it further to see if there is any truth to it.
@Juliaacv Paying a lot of money for a poor service is not something we appreciate. I hope they can find and fix the problem.
@LadyDuck Had the service worked for the entire year I wouldn't have considered it to be a lot of money. But as it is, I had to open a trouble ticket last summer due to not receiving mail, and now this. I spoke with a gentleman who was overseeing everything yesterday for quite a while, I got another call on my cell, but I wasn't able to take the call as I was working. I am sure that he will call me back today. He must still be working on it as he did not leave voicemail. Its very serious as all income tax slips and receipts need to be post-marked by the last day of February, and some companies choose to get them out earlier in the month to avoid delay and there must be some slips there for us.
We sure do live in a world that causes us to have to be so very careful to protect ourselves.
Yes we really do.
If its online I refuse to do it. I have to go in, in person or call like you did.
I'm the very same way, in person or over the phone as a follow up.
@kavinitu (3069)
Updating personal details online is not what I am comfortable with anytime, I prefer personally updating it with the concerned department.
I'm the same way.
@kavinitu (3069)
@Juliaacv Nice to hear that better to be safe, specially when its concerned with Online.
@kavinitu Yeah, thanks
I'm glad you called and got it straightened out.
Thanks, they are working on it. I should receive a call with a resolution today.
@Juliaacv I hope you get it soon.
@just4him Thanks, we are looking forward to a quick resolution.
@Mshafeeq (1545)
• Bangalore, India
I would not do if it's online.
No, I didn't trust that information either. They are working on it, I have received a call telling me so, and expect a resolution today. Moving is not easy.
@Mshafeeq (1545)
• Bangalore, India
@Juliaacv if this is happening then well n good
Oh wow. Never heard of that kind of scam. Glad you called and talked to someone there before trying to go on the site.
Being too cheap to pay for something twice really saved me from going online!
@Juliaacv right lol
Way too many scams going on these day. We have to be really careful.
It really took me by surprise as my husband was tricked, and he's pretty savvy.
@Plethos (7673)
people are trying to get to that refund money. i hope the scammers get caught.
If we get a refund it is directly deposited into our account-no cheques floating around with our names on them.
nothing like this here.
You're lucky. this really scared us both. And the powers that be at Canada Post are investigating it.
It's crazy the lengths that scammers will go to. Good thing you interacted directly rather than updating your info via that email
It should be resolved tomorrow. I had a supervisor call me this afternoon and I was quite a while on the phone with him and then he called back later, but I couldn't take it as I was working. So I imagine that I"ll hear from him tomorrow that he has resolved it-hopefully!
There seems to be no end to the schemes and scams these people come up with.
@peachpurple (12163)
be careful of the scams
Yes you got to be careful always crooks out there trying to swindle some one.