We Made the Decision

Our last picture of him
@cintol (4503)
My husband and I had a very hard choice to make for our little dog Isaac and we along with the vet decided that we had tried everything we could to make Isaac's days better. After much deliberation, we decided it was best to lay him to rest. He was so confused and the meds didn't always work for him which made his anxiety worst so we took him yesterday and held him in our arms while they laid him to rest. It was so sad to say good bye but it was what we needed to do to make him comfortable. I asked my son's in Heaven to come and be by his side so they could take him with them and he wouldn't be alone. Derek loved Isaac and I know they are all together again until we will make our trip. Thank you for all your suggestions and loving thoughts for us through this. I appreciated it so much.
It's very hard to lose a pet and it must have been a very difficult decision for you to make. Isaac is at peace and probably very happy to be greeted in heaven by loved ones
@cintol (4503)
I know he is doing well over there now, its weird because sometimes it seems we can still hear the little tingle of his tags on his collar.
I know the feelings.I had two dogs put down in my earlier years.I told mIke do not want to go through with this again/ Took a lot out of me
@cintol (4503)
I know how you feel, this is the second one I have had to put down in my lifetime and I am done. I told my husband I don't want any more animals because I don't have it in me to go through this again.
@cintol maybe volunteer at some animal shelter?
@cintol (4503)
@amadeo Maybe but then I would get attached to them and what if they had to be put down. I don't know, I may just go back into taking care of kids and the elderly but I cry when things happen to them as well.
@Courage7 (5533)
So very sorry to hear this your loss of your dog. You had lost a son too? So sorry.
@Courage7 (5533)
@cintol Oh dear ..you are strong. So very sorry.
@cintol (4503)
@Courage7 Thank you, it was hard
@Courage7 (5533)
@cintol Welcome
Aw sorry for your loss and, RIP to him.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you
@HazySue (19959)
It is an extremely hard decision to make but you know when it is time to let them rest. We had to do so with our little Pekingese Sammy a few months ago. It is heartbreaking but it is the kindest thing you can do for a pet that you have loved.
@cintol (4503)
Yes it is, how old was your little Sammy?
@HazySue (19959)
@cintol He was 12 years old. He had cancer. We couldn't let him suffer. Again I am sorry for your loss.
@cintol (4503)
I am sorry for yours as well, that was a good thing that you let him go.
• Portland, Connecticut
We made the same decision in September and know exactly what you are feeling. I also believe that our loved pets are with our beloved family in the afterlife and we will be together when we join them. Sending a hug.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you Belle, it is hard after such a long time with him. I am sorry for your loss as well but your right, we will see them again
• Portland, Connecticut
@cintol How long did you have Isaac? We had Beau 15.5 years since he was 8 weeks old. We did rescue a new dog, I named him Roscoe
@cintol (4503)
We had Isaac for 11 yrs, we adopted him when he was 5, he would have been 16 next month. They are good hearty little pups and good to boot. Oh, is this Roscoe, look at those little teeth. What a cutie
Sorry, I did not see this post till now. I am so so sorry. It is so hard to say goodbye to our furry ones. I tried to do anything I could for my dog too but in the end I had to put her to sleep. It was so hard.
@cintol (4503)
I am sorry you had to go through this as well Hanni, our pets become part of the family but I know he is with my son in Heaven so I am a little better thinking of that.
@cintol Cindy, thanks so much. I miss my dog and cat that are no longer with me,but, it is nice to have Sophie.
@cintol (4503)
@Hannihar I am glad you have someone to spend time with
@Mshafeeq (1574)
• Bangalore, India
Sorry for the lose. RIP
@cintol (4503)
Thank you
@Mshafeeq (1574)
• Bangalore, India
@cintol so what are you going to do now?
@cintol (4503)
@Mshafeeq I am going to find a part time job, we are not getting any more pets as I can't get this attached to another.
@ridingbet (46857)
is he the one in the picture? i am sorry for your loss. he is now happy crossing the rainbow bridge.
@cintol (4503)
Yes, this was the last picture I took of him.
@ridingbet (46857)
@cintol such a cute dog. again, i am sorry.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you
That is such a difficult decision, and you made the most unselfish one that you could. I'm so sorry.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you Julia
@cintol You're welcome
@Plethos (9552)
sorry for your loss. not gonna lie. i found it difficult to read this. ive had to do the decision myself also on a couple occasions.
@cintol (4503)
I am so sorry I made it difficult, it wasn't my intention. I just wanted people to know the decision since I had received such wonderful comments and suggestions on the first post. Thank you
@Plethos (9552)
@cintol - no, its okay, i understand what your going through.
@thelme55 (13966)
I am very sorry for your loss. I know your dog is in no pain anymore. Condolence my friend.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you Thelma.
Such a hard thing to do. God bless you.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you
It is very hard to loss a pet. You did the best thing. You will forever have your memories .
@cintol (4503)
This is true, years of memories with our little guy.
@zebra2222 (5114)
Difficult decision, but all for the best. Always tough to have the loss of your pet.
@cintol (4503)
Yes it is, thank you Steve
• Trinidad And Tobago
oh oh, so sad. But there is a time for everything and all good things must come to an end. Sometimes an act of kindness takes courage but in the long run it IS an act of kindness. Be strong!
@cintol (4503)
Thank you Gitara, Im trying
Your dog Isaac is now happier. I know how hard the decision is, but there is no reason to let them suffer.
@cintol (4503)
I agree with you
Aww I am so sorry I think you made the right choice for sure but it is so painful having to put a pet down.
@cintol (4503)
Yes it was tough but it was the right thing.
Very sorry for your loss. We've been through it twice. He is up in Heaven and running back and forth over the Rainbow Bridge.
@cintol (4503)
Isaac is now doing the same with no more pain, thank you
@dya80dya (1619)
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost an intelligent dog a long time ago and I am very sad.
@cintol (4503)
Thank you