Finally published an e-book version of Whispers in the Wind

Staten Island, New York
I was going to go to the mall today but it was raining hard so decided to stay home. To kill time, I decided to finally publish an e-book version of Whispers in the Wind - a poetry anthology I put together and published in 2017. To publish the e-book, I uploaded my Word doc to Lulu and it converted it to epub format for me. I downloaded the epub file to see how the book will look like. I don't have an e-book readers so viewed it from my laptop. What I found out is that the text shifts depending on the size of the text. Something that was on one page may not all be on that same page if the font size is increased or decreased. That means stanzas may be broken up. And it seems that there are places where it's just an empty page. I don't know why that is happening. I see nothing wrong in my Word doc that could be causing this. Things not appearing as you want them to, and other tech issues that may arise, is the main reason I hate doing e-books. But many people prefer e-books, so have to do them, if I want to get more readers and hence more sales. I went ahead and published the e-book and selected distribution for it. I hope it gets approved in all channels. The last thing I want is to have issues. But things are never easy, so fingers crossed everything turns out okay. And if the book does get approved I hope that those that get it won't have any issues when they read it on their e-readers. I still have my own latest book to publish in e-book format. I am tempted to do that now but will hold off for now.
Some people have suggested that I publish a book of my poems, but I don't think it's worth the hassle. How many people are that interested in poetry? Good luck with yours.
I would love to read a book of your great poetry!
@Marty1 Thanks Jennifer, but I won't be doing a book
Fingers crossed for you.
@dya80dya (1925)
Good luck!
Sounds great there.Best of luck there.
• Staten Island, New York
Thank you! Fingers crossed it gets approved!
@lovebuglena I am with you fingers crossed
@irishidid (8526)
Publishing an ebook and getting the formatting to look right can be a pain.
• Staten Island, New York
Definitely, especially when it's poetry.
I have a friend who said he would help me publish one. today I learned that some how amazon helps with that. I will begin working on two of them. I just need to find out how to do it. I would not really want my friend to help. I was writing one on my health conditions. Things he has no knowledge of. I hope you get all you want out of yours. I will keep trying on mine
• Staten Island, New York
I want it to get approved for distribution on Kindle, Nook, iBooks, Kobo, etc. I didn't have to do the e-book myself. Could have had Lulu do it for me but that would not be free or cheap. And I don't want to spend lots of money, so did it myself. I bet if you publish through Amazon )CreateSpace or KDP) and have them do it for you it won't be free or cheap.