A Sigh of Relief

I started gathering my stuff together to send to my accountant for my income tax. I always put everything in the same place but when the last thing I was waiting for arrived I noticed that my statement from Social Security was missing. For over a week now I've been pulling things apart and searching in areas I knew I wouldn't have put it. But, leaving no stone unturned I was desperate. I even prayed to St. Anthony and he would say I was harassing him On my list of things to do tomorrow I had planned on calling the Social Security office tomorrow for a copy. Lo and behold when I was looking for something else there was my statement!! I am beyond excited and of course relieved so now I can get all this to my accountant and get it over and done with. So, I gave St. Anthony a big Thank You even though it took days for me to find it. Guess someone looking for their keys was more important (being Catholic we pray to St. Anthony for lost items) Now I can relax and worry about something else instead hahahahha
So glad you found it..I think I would have St. Anthony on speed dial.
I do have him on speed dial
St Anthony has come to my rescue more than once too. Glad you found the statement.
Where would we be without St Anthony
I "harass" St. Anthony at times too! I'm glad that you found everything and now are ready to have your papers done. Our income slips have to be post-marked by no later then Feb 28th, so we have not received all of ours as of yet. Actually we only have 1 to date. We usually have everything in hand and go to our accountant during that first week of March. I actually asked my husband last night when he'd like me to make an appointment. We found a really great accountant last year, and we think that we'll make the trip, an hour's drive, back to the area that we moved from so that she can continue to do our papers. Its really reassuring when you find that great professional, and she was hard to get into, we had to have a referral.
I've been using the same accountant for years and would hate to change so I don't blame you for wanting to stick with the one you feel comfortable with. It's probably worth the drive
@Marilynda1225 We had a really great accountant that we used for a number of years. One year we were there and she and my husband were talking about his factory that had closed the previous year, and she was drawing comparisons to the 3 that she had closed. When she saw what he invested for his retirement she must have gotten jealous, and after that he had huge amounts to pay each year, one year it was 5 digits, so we found a replacement as we were pretty sure that she was jealous.
I did not know that you also pray St. Anthony for lost items. I suspect he gets plenty of requests.
He's probably run ragged looking for lost items
@Marilynda1225 In Italy it's very funny to hear how the request to St.Antony is done in the different dialects from region to region.
@Courage7 (8417)
Yes I know that prayer to St Anthony...we say it like this Please St Anthony please come down, something is lost and cant be found. I am so pleased you had found it. That must have been quite the stressor.
I say the same prayer
@Courage7 (8417)
still waiting for more stuff before we can file
Filing is just a pain
@Marilynda1225 I imagine that it is
Glad you finally found it. I was thinking you might be able to print a copy online rather then have to go into th office which for me would be a 45 minutes drive on icy roads.
I was thinking about online but finding it saved me a lot of grief
Glad you found it. I don't have to do taxes as i only have my lot as incoming money and do not make enough to have to do any taxes. Thank goodness! Last year i had go and fill out one online just to say i had insurance or in would be fined under obamacare so we left a lit of blanks as the questions did not apply to me!
You are so lucky not to have to deal with filing taxes
Very happy that you found it. There are times I throw things out and have to look through the garbage.
At one point I was afraid I had put it through the shredder
lol I always say for Peterson's sake. I think he was a saint too.
There's a saint for everything
Relief ! It's crazy how sometimes you find things when you least expect it . . . it's as if someone actually planted it there for you to find . Glad you found it!
It was a big relief that's for sure
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I thought Anthony was the saint of lost causes?
No that's st jude. There's a saint for everything
glad ilts all smootjed out now gooid uick oyuir taxes
Thank you
Well glad to know that you found it. I always find that a great big relief when I need something and I cannot find it and then finally I find it at long last.
Yup its that big sigh of relief when you find that thing you've been looking for
So glad you found it!!! My husband waits until the last minute to do the taxes so that the government has to wait for our money.
I don't blame him for waiting to file. I wouldn't pay early either
• Trinidad And Tobago
It happens sometimes. We are ever so careful and then the important item goes missing, the reappears when we stop being desperate. God was good to you!
@Mshafeeq (1557)
• Bangalore, India
Happy for you that you found it now you can get it done.
Glad you found it and can now get it done.
LOL, I have done that more than once with paperwork. I have been working on my paperwork today.
Thank goodness you found it.