The flu!

@jillhill (37386)
Yesterday I was planning on picking up my granddaughter after school. I usually do twice a week on the weeks she is at my son's. But he called in the morning to let me know she was home sick. So instead of picking her up I went to stay with her for most if the day. I brought along chicken noodle soup and her favorite apple juice. I figured she would get more fluids if it was something she really liked. By the time I left she was a bit perkier. Has the flu hit your house yet? It's been such a tough year for this new strain of this virus. Do you get a flu shot?
@ebanreb (6281)
I have my flu shot a year ago. Your son need to rest and drink lots of water and give him soup for his meals. It is hard to have someone in your family get sick. I have your son is ok now.
@jillhill (37386)
It was my granddaughter and she is much better, thank you for asking!
@ebanreb (6281)
@jillhill Good to hear shes ok now
not yet so far. hope she gets well soon.
Thank goodness nobody in my family has been hit by the flu but then again, nobody in our community seems to.
@yugocean (8055)
I am vegetarian, so I won't do with any chicken noodles etc; whenever I had fly, I drink lots of water and it helps. Yes veg soup and fruit juice were always accepted.
@Maria24 (2066)
No we didn't get the flu shot and we haven't gotten? sick. I take precautions.
I got it three times this year. I can't take the flu shot. It didn't last long for me, for which I'm grateful.
@Freelanzer (8290)
I don't get the flu shop but I did have a cold with lasted a couple weeks but it was manageable.
I don't usually get the flu shot, but this time I finally got the shot two weeks ago. With 13 or so more weeks to go in the flu season I got spooked enough to do it. The extreme symptoms pushed me into because I do not want to go through it. I hope you keep yourself well!