Love not Division

Rosarito, Mexico
Division brings destruction. It tears apart families. It is everything I taught to be against while learning about being a Christian from my Christian parents. However, Christ said: Luke 12:49- 49I have come to ignite a fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51Do you think that I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52From now on, five in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.” 54Then Jesus said to the crowds, “As soon as you see a cloud rising in the west, you say, ‘A shower is coming,’ and that is what happens. 55And when the south wind blows, you say, ‘It will be hot,’ and it is. 56You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and sky. Why don’t you know how to interpret the present time? 57And why don’t you judge for yourselves what is right? 58Make every effort to reconcile with your adversary while you are on your way to the magistrate. Otherwise, he may drag you off to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and the officer may throw you into prison. 59I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the very last penny.” He talks about division, and about making friends with those we consider our enemies. He talked about forgiving others. A lot of his teachings were good....some were not so good, and some could even destroy us. He scares me and so do the extremists that are out there thinking they should follow every single word as gospel...not just Christian extremists but any extremist that can't handle the idea that these are just notions written down on paper by people who hadn't any concept of science and true history. The people of old were handed down scriptures that were told in parables, in fiction to make our imaginations soar. Other writers got in on the act hoping to douse those stories and conquer us through fear of a creator that wants to subjugate us. God doesn't want slaves, and if it did, it wouldn't want unhappy slaves, because unhappy slaves overthrow their masters with time by either running away or fighting and killing the unfair and cruel creature that subjugated it. Still, things like this make my skin crawl. God (father) isn't like this, neither would a loving Goddes (mother). It or they would want their children happy and feeling loved. It was humans that wrote the slavery and subjugation into the mix. I don't know why, but our free will that some say is an illusion makes us feel as we should have the right to take away others freedoms and make them feel like they are lower than they are in some way. I have actually heard it said that people are sheep....that they will follow the rest of the herd right off the cliff and into the sea of death below. I've seen sheep get tangled in bramble and starve to death because they can't figure out how to get un-caught. Humans are no better sometimes. Sometimes you get a smart one that pulls harder and releases itself...one that refuses to be like the rest. Be the one that pulls harder and love everyone. It is you who will make the difference. What are you waiting for? I am fully aware the Hindu scripture talks about the arrival of Kalki to defeat the evil that plagues this world just as the bible speaks of Jesus's second coming, but I'm going to rely on me for now, pray for strength of the creators, hope they really do exist without knowledge or caring whose religion is the right path, and try to stay in the path of unification for all that I come in contact with no matter what spiritual or lack of a spiritual path that they have chosen. Love is the best weapon against fear, bigotry, and hate.
• Riga, Latvia
I always count on the Lord to help me through my days. Wish that everyone all over the world would rely more on love and care for one another. Blessings to you.
@mandala100 (36233)
@ginsengnuts77 That's a very good thoughts my friend.
Jesus rocks! the best God ever! I don't need to understand sometimes, all I need to do is follow. Love God above all... and love second the people and things he has given us... but nevertheless it still the standard love that God teaches us to give... the right one but not the one that tolerates the wrong. God's love is the best... the best thing we can share to others.