Have a happy Sunday everyone! smile it is good for your teeth!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am spending a quiet day at home just my kitten and me! I had a day out yesterday. My sister said she would take me anywhere to lunch i wish. So, naturally, i had to choose the best food in the world, Sam's club snack bar! i had one, and a half hot dogs and most of a soft pretzel dipped in a side of nacho cheese sauce! I was so stuffed when i left to do some shopping! And then my sister took me home and got my uber car app up and running. She put in my address (somebody in San Francisco lives at the same address as me!) Then she put in the address of where i get my injection every two weeks. I will take an uber to the place, and them get another one home. Only $8 and change each way. I will like it as I have to climb up three steep hills if i take the bus and i get VERY dizzy climbing up them. I want my independence, but those hills scare me with how i feel going up them. I figure ubering to the place will give me independence, and i will not have to call my uncle anymore! My sis put in the library address, (i remembered the address as i looked at envelopes and put stamps on the envelopes for a fundraiser when i volunteered at the library in my usual day on Thursday! I will probably walk to the library on volunteer days. i can manage that as it is down three hills and the rest of the walk is seven flat blocks. I will Uber home (hey! i just turned a Name into a verb, pretty cool huh?) i will also walk to the library on the last Saturday of the month for book club and again a ubering home! That should only be $5 and change. Not bad at all! My sister is a big proponent of me getting places like that! what do you plan on doing today? Do you like cheap food like me and Sam's club? There were my nephew, my sister, and I and my sister only paid $10.68 for all of us to eat that lunch! do you ever take an Uber car anywhere?
• Walnut Creek, California
I took an Uber car once, to the airport. The Swede I met at the BART station paid, so I gave the driver a big tip.
my sister says never give the driver money when i get in the car? guess she thinks i would empty my purse of money =)
• Walnut Creek, California
@Marty1 Heh. Do you have a reputation for being too trusting?
@TheHorse One time a boy I liked in high school told me he lived in a box in the street, so i gave him ever penny i had on me. He took it to the vice principal and she gave it back to me, and she called my parents i got a sermon from the vice principal and my parents not to give out money so easily
I've enjoyed eating at Sam's Club snack bar and a big thumbs up for the hot dogs Using Uber to get around sounds like a good idea for you. I'm lucky I can still drive
I am afraid i forgit how big the hor dogs were and my sister let me order two of them at one time! Then i I ordered a soft pretzel which was huge. I didn't need dinner last night i can safely say that! Do you like driving? The thought of getting behind the wheel is terrifying to me. With Uber i get my freedom back!
They have Uber cars in our capital city and they seem to be very popular.
Do they have anywhere you are so you can hop in for a ride? I wasn't aware they were in other countries? Have you ever rode in one?
@Marty1 We have used them to get to the airport once or twice. One was a refugee from an African country.
@JudyEv did you have a good experience using an Uber car? my sister will take one when she is on a business trip to get from airport to hotel then back to the airport when she goes home from the trip
I love low cost yummy food. I didn't even know Sam's Club has food inside to eat there like that. I have only been inside once. Your sister was a big help getting things set up and figured out to help you get around town!
I love Sam's Club food it is so yummy and cheap! i only get inside one because my sister is a member. She buys me my items. Being alone I do not buy perishable items or most foods as they are too large for me to eat all of the product I have the best big sis ever and am so happy she found a way for me to get around by myself giving me my independence. I am just happy she made me buy a smartphone, or i could not go on a different kind of phone
I have never used Uber. I have no plans for the day. Enjoy your Sunday.
thank you, i hope you enjoy your day whatever you choose to do for the day! Do you have a car or know how to drive?
@Marty1 I have a car and can drive.
@JohnRoberts then that is great! My sister informed me she explained what a sign meant on the road and i asked her how she knew such a complicated one, and she says one has to take a test of rules of the road. Guess i will never drive then....
How do you enjoy volunteering at the library ? Never did the Uber thing.
I’ve never taken an Uber
don't you drive and have a car yourself? i don't drive and we sold my mom's car. i want independence and hate to both my uncle so much.
@Marty1 Yes I have a car.
@NJChicaa do you usually drive yourself places or take the bus when you can?
I have never Ubered but we have hired a driver to take us to the cruise port for our cruise and then pick us up.
That sounds nice hiring a driver. I have never hired a driver and don't even know where to start or how to go about it. Was it easier than securing a rode from a from a family member or friend?
@Marty1 I would rather just pay a stranger at least here in Florida. In Connecticut, I would get my daughter or son to take us.
@BelleStarr that is good your son or daughter can take you. Once wheh my parents went on a cruise in 1991 my sister and i took them to the airport
@garymarsh6 (14430)
NO I have never used uber. I have been using London Black cabs a few times over the last few weeks!
I never heard of London Black cabs. did you have good experiences with them?
@garymarsh6 (14430)
@Marty1 This is a photo of a black cab! A London Taxi. Yes they are very well regulated. If you flag one down they can not refuse to take you anywhere!
@garymarsh6 Those look like roomy cabs and i like how they can't refuse to take people places! thank you for the picture!
@Dena91 (4645)
No I haven't used uber yet. Maybe sometime when I am unable to drive. Going to church in a little while. Have a blessed day
Do you know how to drive? I never learne and a trying to be independent and can't do that calling my uncle every time i need a ride
@Dena91 (4645)
@Marty1 Yes I have been driving since I was 16. I know others who haven't learned to drive either. I understand living in a big city you may not need to as there are other means of getting around. I lived in Philadelphia and Boston and often used public transportation even though I had a license. Have a blessed day
@Dena91 I don't live in a big city but rather a suburb of Pittsburgh. but i do live in a good town for public transportation as there are many bus stops
@Mshafeeq (1553)
• Bangalore, India
They charge little high I guess comparing to normal Taxi.
No, the Uber car is cheaper than a taxi. My sister called me on to take me somewhere last summer and she paid for it and thought it was reasonable.
@Mshafeeq (1553)
• Bangalore, India
@Marty1 good then if its reasonable.
@sallypup (28532)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I don't have a smart phone other wise I'd use Uber. I've never been to Sam's Club.
I don't go to Sam's Clun often as i am not a member but get to go when my sister takes as she is a member. I have a very cheap smartphone as I usually just use it to text my sister when I leave the house alone and not with anybody I know. She worries about me. I pay $21 every three months for it I am going to be using Uber my first time alone today as it is volunteer day at the library for me!
@irishidid (8734)
No special plans today. I shop at Sam's Club but I've never eaten there. My son is my transportation or I walk.
i have several people who will give me rides; I would walk if i didn't have to get home walking up those steep hills three if them plus all nine black of flat terrain from my home to library and back
By Uber car do you mean a taxicab? I don't like climbing hills either.
Sort if Uber has an app where you put in the address where you are located and then whee you want to do They give you a price, and you book a cat in your smartphone. the cars are normal looking, and you do not pay in the car, The app has my credit card info, and i just charge it to my credit card and pay it all off when the bill comes ( My sister is adamant about paying off my whole credit card balance every month, so i have good credit
Not really, Uber is a bit expensive, so i rather ride the usual ride going to somewhere unless I am with my family, it is more cheaper. I think you always have a great day... I always eat at McDonalad or Jollibee here in the Philippines.
That is understandable it is expensive. The strange thing i have found is one can request a small or large car for a group of people; The strange thing is the large car was cheaper by a few dollars? it would seem that the smaller car should be cheaper, but that was proved to be wrong with the prices they quoted under each picture of a big car and small cars
@Marty1 The more people you share the car it is more cheaper, I guess the amount divided by so many people became a bit cheaper.
@luisadannointed I have to tell my sister as it is a brilliant idea! we didn't think of it because when she uses it she is usually traveling for business so she goes herself and i will be paying for just myself unless i get the driver to pick up a hitchhiker =)
@kavinitu (5061)
Today I was resting for full day, now I go to bed. Happy Sunday to you
My Sunday is only in the middle of the afternoon! Good night hope you sleep tight!
I never take a uber car because I have my own car. I like the cheap good food at Costco. Mostly I get a all beef hot dog and all you can drink pop for $1.50. That is a good price,
Our son's wife takes Uber all the time. It really is cheaper than a taxi. Cold and snowy here today. Molly loves it.
I really can't compare the Uber cost for a ride to a taxi as i don't use taxis around here. My sister says it is a good price so i will take her word for it! so did my doctor who she was taking me and was going to be late and didn't want me to be late, so she called me an Uber car think it was a great price Have a good day!
We are not close to uber, nor same club in the deep south.
I am sorry. Is it your area that doesn't allow it? I know for awhile Uber was allowed to be anywhere but m county in Pennsylvania. Then our Gov Wolf passes a law allowing them in the county about two years ago.
I hope you enjoy your uber rides. I am happy that my daughter found a store closer to her house. Uber charged her $25 to come here shopping. But yesterday she was charges about 5 for the location closer to her home. I am getting a $5 handicap service soon. I am not paying uber since it's about 25 to where I need to go. I am so so aware of the hill situation. I have jumped out of cars to keep from driving in one down a hill.
I would not pay $25 to go somewhere. The interesting thing my sister got halfway through booking a ride then didn't confirm it and canceled just to show me how it worked. There were a large car and a small one. The large one was more money. So my sister said book the larger car as it is cheaper. Glad your daughter got a store closer to her. I would not take it to my sister's house as it dost $48 and change each way, and that is the cheaper car!