No-go for Curbside Expess

@KristenH (23654)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Well on this rainy day, my brother and I were disppointed we couldn't do Giant Eagle's Curbside Express this afternoon for two reasons. One, it wasn't available one at the main Giant Eagle store--only the Market District location, which we sometimes go to every now and then. Both stores are only ten to fifteen minutes away. And the second reason, according to their FAQ on their website, they don't accept EBT cards at this time. So I've sent them a Facebook message and asked them when will it available and at my local Giant Eagle store. For now, it's kiboshed until I hear back from them. I might have to try GIant Eagle (also not available at my local main Giant Eagle store) some other time. It's only 4.95 for the fee after you make a pick-up reservation spot on the site. And other note, my crockpot strawberry breakfast cake recipe will be put on hold for awhile, since I couldn't find any strawberry muffin mix isn't available at Giant Eagle, Target or Aldi's. You can only find one from Martha White at Walmart. So my brother's going to keep an eye out for me and buy it the next time he's there. It's only about a dollar to pay in store.
@inertia4 (27604)
I never heard of Giant Eagle before. Here we have ShopRite and Stop and Shop. We used to have Waldbaums and Pathmark, but they both closed down. We do have a few FoodTowns around. All the stores here take EBT which is good.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I've been to Shop Rite back in New Jersey. I have heard of Stop and Shop. Here's som info on Giant Eagle: Giant Eagle is a supermarket chain with stores in the U.S. states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana and Maryland. The company was founded in 1918 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and incorporated on March 17, 1933.[1] Supermarket News ranked Giant Eagle No. 21 in the 2012 "Top 75 North American Food Retailers" based on 2011 fiscal year estimated sales of $9.3 billion.[3] In 2005, it was the 32nd-largest privately held corporation, as determined by Forbes.[4] Based on 2005 revenue, Giant Eagle is the 49th-largest retailer in the United States.[5] As of Summer 2014, the company has approximately $9.9 billion in annual sales, Giant Eagle has 417 stores. The company also operates 168 fuel station/convenience stores under the GetGo banner.
@inertia4 (27604)
@KristenH Those are impressive numbers. I know ShopRite is the main player in the federation of supermarkets around the country. I read somewhere that there are three major federations of supermarkets. And ShopRite is one of them. I know FoodTown belongs to another federation. But there are many supermarkets in those federations. I think it is like a corporation that has these various supermarkets in their umbrella.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@inertia4 Yeah it is. I miss Shop Rite. I've been to SuperFoodtown one back in New Jersey. I believe so.
Well it isn’t that hard to just go to the store and get the groceries like they did in the olden days.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Not hard. But for a big list, it takes about an hour or sometimes more.
@KristenH Yup. I do it all the time.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
We have a Giant store here but don't know if it's the same as Giant Eagle. Must be disappointing that you couldn't do the curbside
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I think it's two different grocery store chains. I have heard of Giant. Yeah I was a bit bummed.
skip to main content Giant Food Stores MENU Every Last Detail Sweets, treats, plush and cards – it's all in store. All for less The Best of the Bunch Fall in love with sustainably grown Freedom Roses. See the Story So. Much. Chocolate. Show your love with
@Tina30219 (33573)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry to hear you couldn’t do it. I hope you get your muffin mix soon. You could try amazon they carry everything
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Me too Tina. Maybe this spring or summer.I'll check Amazon in case my brother had no luck at his local Walmart.
@Tina30219 (33573)
• Onaway, Michigan
@KristenH I was just going to message you about amazon on them they do have them case wise but not single pretty good deal also do you might want to take a look
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Tina30219 I did check them on Amazon--6.49 plus shipping. At the Smucker's online store website, it's 2.49 + 5.00 for delivery.
That is too bad. If it's any consolation I couldn't do my McD's curbside pick up the other day either.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Snowy. Yeah it is. No word yet from Giant Eagle via Facebook yet.
@KristenH I like Giant Eagle I shop there sometimes when I go to Western PA.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@snowy22315 Cool! It's a great store. Market District is a lot bigger and maybe more fun, whenever I go there.
I don't try that at my giant eagle as i buy a lot and my $130 bill would be over $200 or my at Giant Eagle which is sad as it is so easy ti get to it. I do curb side pick up at Wal Mart where jt is free to pick up!
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yikes! Do you have an EBT card with a monthly allowance? Cool.
@KristenH no, i do not. I pay all my bills with my savings from other writing sites
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Marty1 Oh. I see.
That seems odd they don't do it for EBT card customers.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah it does. And I haven't heard back from them on Facebook either. Maybe I've stumped them with an answer.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks TR. I'm still waiting to hear from Giant Eagle on Facebook.
@sallypup (26598)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sorry its not worked out for you.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Lenore. I'm still bummed about it.
We don't have any of those Giant Eagles stores here. We do have a Walmart in the town over and they do the pickup in store and give a discount.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I think Giant Eagle is regional like other grocery stores. There's a Walmart over here too (the nearest one is ten minutes away) from where I live.
Glad you sent the Giant Eagle a message. Hopefully, they will change their policy regarding your card.
@KristenH (23654)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Me too. I won't hear back until tomorrow. Maybe they would keep me in mind for later on this year. I hope so. It's not fair to me and others.