How to recruit new police personnel

Bunbury, Australia
Over the last few years we watched some great movies which were made in New Zealand. And of course we have our very own NZ representative here on myLot in the person of Val (@valmnz). The latest of these movies that we’ve seen was ‘Hunt for the Wilder People’ starring Sam Neill who although born in Northern Ireland identifies mainly as New Zealand. The people have a quirky sense of humour and we now keep an eye out for any NZ films that might come our way. Now, the latest NZ police recruitment video has gone viral. You can see it here hopefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9psILoYmCc. If the link won’t work, googling ‘nz police recruitment video’ should. I hope you’ll try to watch. It’s very funny. As New Zealand is into humour, I’ve used a photo of a funny sign we saw in Osterwieck, Germany. It calls attention to the dog who I gather doesn’t like postmen, house-breakers, teenagers and others.
lol that's funny is he the same guy from the original Jurassic park? I think that was his name.
Yes, Sam Neill was in Jurassic Park.
@DeborahDiane (20837)
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - Great video! I love it when the police, in particular, use humor to get across their point. I think it is a very effective tool! I love the police officer helping the guy across the street. It looks like a very cool country! They all look in pretty good shape!
It was very clever. I loved the bit where the policewoman shushes the Pipe Band.
@DeborahDiane That would make your job very stressful - never knowing quite who you are dealing with.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - I'm sorry to hear that happens there. There are occasional home invasion robberies in Los Angeles, but not in our retirement community. We love living in our retirement community and violence of any kind is very, very rare. However, apparently this man was mentally ill and I guess that can happen anywhere. Fortunately, no one else was injured. Generally, we live a very tranquil existence. We can go for walks without locking our doors and feel very safe here. I think you would like a retirement community. There are always lots of activities!
@RodrickH (7489)
What's the meaning of the words on that German sign?
It says in the last paragraph. It is saying the dog has attacked postmen, house-breakers, teenagers,I'm not sure what GEZ is and I think door-to-door salesmen.
@RodrickH (7489)
@JudyEv I guess it's a warning sign to make sure people stay away from that dog
@RodrickH Yes. The owner may not even have a dog but he is hoping to scare people enough that they won't enter his yard.
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
That was a good one! Did you ever see the Fort Worth Police Department recruiting video with the Stormtrooper from Star Wars? It's hilarious!
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JudyEv Thanks for sharing this! It gave me a chuckle! This is the same type of stop-motion animation that my son likes to do. He is pretty good at making some nice videos.
@moffittjc It's so clever isn't it? I just love the waiter's voice. And he's so clueless about an 'important figure'. Always nice to see a tall poppy cut down a little.
I have watched the video it is really funny.
I thought it was hilarious. I hope, after all that effort, that they get lots of new recruits from it.
@JudyEv I hope too, sure there is a lot to run in that country, this is what the video shows.
Did the video help in getting more recruits? I wonder.
I wonder too but I wouldn't mind betting that people watched it to the end.
@Fleura (7199)
That's pretty funny. I hope they get a good response. We need lots more police like that over here!
• Eugene, Oregon
Great video, I am glad you reposted the link.
It's funny isn't it?
Ah, the sign makes sense now. That's funny!
It's a great video isn't it? I just love the NZ accent.
Sounds like a movie I would want to see.
I don't often rave about movies or want to see them twice but I've already seen this four times and could easily watch it again. It is so funny and the NZers really send themselves up.