Thompson Twins gold: #1 "In the Name of Love" (1982)

Los Angeles, California
A synthpop classic. “In the Name of Love” is the Thompson Twins signature song and breakthrough single. The song is so well known and heavily played (used in many soundtracks including “Ghostbusters”) that it is a shock it only charted UK #79 and US #109. Countless remixes fueled popularity and made it #1 Hot Dance chart. The Thompson Twins heyday was relatively short. Joe Leeway exited in 1986. Alannah Currie retired from performing in 1987 leaving Bailey on his own. In 1993, he changed band name to Babble before it all ended. Bailey and Currie married and wrote songs for others. They divorced in 2003. Today, Bailey performs on the nostalgia circuit doing TT songs.
Subscribe to Cherry Red Records: http://bit.ly/CRSubscribe THOMPSON TWINS - Side Kicks, The Movie 11 in the name of love Multimillion selling pioneers of pop...
@FourWalls (13304)
Good series! Brought back a lot of memories. I'd heard more of their music than I thought I had. This is a cool song, no wonder you love it so much.
I don't know this song but have actually heard of this group as that is unusual for me. I think i may know some songs by them just not sure if they actually sang the song i have in mind!
I didn't know that they got divorced. A most excellent series!
I didn't know they got married . . . so I didn't know about the divorce either!
@much2say - They got married in the 80's. A shame, they were a cool couple.
Another TT song you just gotta love . . . they had A LOT of great hits! When I got my keyboard, I used to love playing the chorus part .
Its A Gem, thanks for that
@Prdhan (602)
I know him.Thompson Twins were a British pop band that 1977."Hold me Now"by Wayne Wonder .I like it very much.