Winter Olympics Update

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I haven't seen all of it yet, but I can tell you Team Canada took the gold and the US got a bronze in figure skating. I forget who got the silver. They were all superb skaters, whether they were doing the dance, pairs, or single, the men and women laid their hearts and their talents out there for the world to see and did a fantastic job. I did see the Luge event yesterday when the US received their first ever medal. Chris Madzer won silver, and I think he was happier than the one who won gold. 17 year old Red somebody, I don't remember his last name, won gold in the men's snowboarding. Jaime Anderson also won gold for the women. Norway is currently leading the medal count with 8, one gold. I know there were other medals handed out yesterday in cross country, where I'm sure Norway got their gold in a miraculous effort. The winner having fallen in the beginning, was able to make a great come back to win. I also think Norway swept the medals for cross country. That's what I know so far. I have a lot to watch on my DVR, and I will be trying to watch the live event tonight, but so far I've only managed to stay awake until about 8:30. I have it recorded, so watching it when I can and catching up as best I can. Picture from opening ceremony - mine
I've only caught bits and pieces so far but I did see that Canada took the gold
I haven't seen all of the figure skating yet, but I did see that.
@mydanods (6752)
• Nigeria
Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming.
I'm glad you appreciate it.
I am not watching the Olympics, but I do like to read about the events and those athletes who received medals.
It can be time consuming to watch them.
I do watched it time to time.Depending what sport are we in.
Yes. Today doesn't have a lot I'm interested in.
@just4him maybe tomorrow
@amadeo They do have speed skating tonight. I want to see that one woman Maame Biney and see how she does.
The OAR (Russia) won the silver. I thought the Canadian skaters really stood out - they really earned that Gold! And luge and snowboarding was pretty exciting! I've been watching bits and pieces of whatever had been on at whatever time I've been able to watch tv . . . I'm so glad they're doing repeats!
Repeats are good. They have the women's luge on right now, but I'm in the office, not in my living room watching it. Though I did go out to see the USA woman make a track record. Now if it holds up, we could have another gold.
@just4him Oh yes, I am living off the repeats! I didn't catch it, but I heard one of the women flew off the luge - not sure what happened . . . did you see it while you were watching it?
@much2say I didn't see that, no. I hope she's okay.
I saw part of this on the cable Olympic station.
I'm going to need to see if Spectrum has that channel.
@just4him .......Good luck!
@celticeagle It does have the channel. I have it set to my favorites.
@mrki444 (956)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
So far I didn't have much time to follow Winter Olympics but I will find in next day.
It's been exciting.
Thank you for the update.
You're welcome.
It's great that you have captured so much on tape.
I love the Olympics and want to see as much as possible. If I can't watch it, I'll DVR it.
@Gillygirl (17342)
• Sutton, England
I'm still waiting for team GB to take a medal. I saw the snowboarding which looked very dangerous due to adverse weather conditions.
It did look dangerous. Not a lot of medals awarded yet. Still waiting for the downhill skiing to start, but the weather hasn't been favorable yet.