Walmart: a love/hate relationship

@1creekgirl (10714)
I know some of you don't like Walmart. Most of the time I really do like it. I joked that after missing three days in a row going to Walmart, they sent me a "Miss You!" card. But the other day I was so irritated, I could have spit. They have a Savings Catcher program that is usually pretty good...if you buy something that they find cheaper in another surrounding town, they give you the difference in money. I've redeemed it (well, it has to be on Walmart products) several times over the years. Previously Walmart would send me an email with a bar code, the cashier would scan the code and the amount would be deducted from my bill. Now they don't do it that way. No more emails. Just a confusing and aggravating way to redeem. The first few times I asked about it, no one knew how to do it. Then I stood in line at customer service to get someone who knew something to tell me how to redeem my savings. A lady explained it, I got it, no problem. Or so I thought. Next time I checked out, I followed the lady's instructions. Of course it didn't work. What made me think it would? Several managers had to come and try to figure out what was wrong. I had already paid part of it with my debit card, minus the amount I should get credit for (over $50). Then when no one could fix it, I had to pay AGAIN with my debit card. I was so ill (irritated, not sick, LOL), and of course the store manager was not there. I called Corporate and left a message about what had happened. I told them if this is a scam, please let me know so I can shop for groceries at another store with cheaper prices. I received a reply. Did it address my concerns? Did it apologize for the inconvenience? No. All they sent me was the information from the web site on how Savings Catcher works. GRRRRR! I know, I know, some will tell me it serves me right for shopping at Walmart. But this is a small town and very few other places to shop. Rant over.
@LeaPea2417 (21146)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I understand your frustration. I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart. Luckily, there is another grocery store in my town that has pretty good prices that I shop at too. So, I am not shopping at Wal-Mart all the time.
Hahaha, I wrote that I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart and after I posted my comment I saw you said the exact same thing lol.
@1creekgirl (10714)
I do buy all my meats at a small local Piggly Wiggly, rather than at Walmart.
@LeaPea2417 (21146)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@1creekgirl Yes, the grocery in town I also shop at, has better meats than Wal-Mart.
@Plethos (10304)
Sounds like no one got the updated memo from corporate.
Walmart really does not have much of a need to make customers happy. Too many people depend upon Walmart, and Walmart knows it, so the company can do just about whatever it wants. Sometimes I will start going toward Walmart, but if I am not in the right frame of mind to handle it, I change direction and head to Target.
@1creekgirl (10714)
Our town is small, so Walmart is really about the only place to shop. We have two grocery stores, but their prices are a little higher and if I need non-grocery things, I still have to go to Walmart.
@1creekgirl My husband buys groceries at Walmart. He seems to like to shop there. Walmart really does have lower prices, but I do avoid it if it is really crowded.
@1creekgirl (10714)
@Corbin5 I've tried to avoid it as much as possible in this flu epidemic.
I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart too. Although anytime I've had an issue, the managers are really good at resolving it. Are you talking about price match? I have had friends that have worked for Walmart and they say the process is a pain for them and the customer. You'd think Walmart would find a way to make it more convenient for both.
@1creekgirl (10714)
Not sure if it's the same as price match, but in the past I had no problem redeeming my savings.
@1creekgirl Oh I see. Well nevertheless I find the response they gave you annoying as well. Good customer service acknowledges the problem and at least provides a better solution than referring to their website.
@1creekgirl (10714)
@taciaelisepeace Yeah, they could at least said sorry.
@UncleJoe (10309)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I'm not a big Wal-Mart fan. The need has to be extreme for me to buy there. I particularly hate the one in Roanoke, Virginia. Every Saturday mountaineers come out of the hills in hordes to hold a family reunion in the aisles.
@1creekgirl (10714)
Yeah, seems like there's always a crowd blocking the aisles and look at you like you're crazy when you say, "Excuse me."
I've never hated walmart. But feel bad that happened to you
@1creekgirl (10714)
I probably like it more than I dislike it.
I haven't experienced anything quite as frustrating as you did but Wal-Mart has annoyed me about things too. My latest gripe is their online shopping and telling you that you're paying way more than if buying the item in the store. So I refuse to shop online and they won't get my money
@1creekgirl (10714)
I like their on line shopping and haven't found the prices to be any higher than in the store. If I can get free ship to store, I pick it up next time I'm there.
This would be so annoying.
@1creekgirl (10714)
It really was irritating.
@LovelyxOdd (1201)
I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I hate dealing with the crowd and the big parking lot, the limited cash registers that are open so you have to wait in line, etc. But, I love Walmart because I can get most everything I need in one place, they truly do have some of the lowest prices for everything and also I use their online grocery pickup every single week.
@1creekgirl (10714)
I hear 'ya. Walmart is just so convenient. Although we do have a small grocery store where I buy most of my meats. I don't like the meat at Walmart.
Relationship is love and hate.