I haven't been able to get here in a while

First of all having trouble with my right leg, from swelling again.I go to the doctor on the 26th of Feb. In the mean time, I have new compression socks to get the swelling down. Yes, those are my legs in this photo, the swelling is pretty bad this time. My sleep has been off from the pain of my legs, last night , i was sleeping good and at 4 in the morning I hear the ambulance, I had a feeling it was for my grandmother again, so looked out side and it was , they were at her home, she fell once again. I worry about the falls because she had hip surgery and she should't be falling so much. She is 101 years old, and I am afraid she will get hurt again.
@Icydoll (26281)
That's sad :( about your grandmother.get well soon friend.
Yes, I hope she doesn't gut seriously hurt from the falls.
are you on diuretic on this.Oh my 101 and she had hip surgery.Wow.
No, but i probably need to be on something, they can't see me to the 26th. She had fallen, and broke a hip so had hip surgery and has fallen twice since the surgery.
@CookieMonster46 wow that is a lot there to endure.
@amadeo it is a lot
Unbelievable she is 101 years old.
Honestly, I wouldn't want to live that long, and be in the shape she is in. I know a lot of people say that is great, but she is bed ridden and dementia, she does't recognize people or family. That is not good living.
@kobesbuddy (57488)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I think your grandmother needs assisted living, at this time. I'm sorry she fell again, how terrible:( Both your legs look swollen, that's very dangerous!
I agree, but my aunt is the executor and will not put her in any type of home, But she isn't able to do it on her own at night, the other leg not so bad, but i have a heel spur on the good leg, in my foot.. trying to walk is a pain, i have to use my cane and go very slow.
@kobesbuddy (57488)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CookieMonster46 If your grandmother needs help at night, she can't be left alone. When my mother started falling every day, we had to do something immediately. Are you a diabetic? Usually they develop problems with circulation to their legs and feet.
@kobesbuddy she isn't alone, my aunt is there, but my aunt goes to sleep and my grandmother wakes up and gets out of the bed, the bed does have side rails, and she can still get out. As far as I know I am not diabetic, but will find out when i go to see the doctor
I am sorry about your legs problem, I hope the doctor can help. 101 years is a very old age, is she healthy or does she need help?
oh no, she is not healthy at all, she has dementia very bad and can not live alone, She needs a lot of help.
@LadyDuck that is sad, but to be healthy at 97 is a blessing. I agree that for my grandma, this is not living, I can tell you now , I don't want to be around that long, if like that.
@CookieMonster46 This is exactly what I say all the time. I want to "die healthy". There is no reason to be alive only to suffer.
yeah its swelling on the right hope it soon goes better
thank you
@CookieMonster46 how was it now?
@Strawberry18 looks a little better, but needs to go down lot more
@JESSY3236 (7572)
My mother has compression socks too. She only wears one. She has pain in one leg at night.
I wear one too, these are black like dress sock, so they don't look too bad. I have pain in my leg at night too.
@JESSY3236 (7572)
@CookieMonster46 Hers are black too. But she loses hers. One day I'm going to give her a pack of them so she won't lose it.
@JESSY3236 that is a good idea
I am so sorry to hear that the wonderful woman of 101, your grandma, fell again even after having hip surgery. Did they put her on pain meds while she is recovering from the surgery though ?
yes, she has medication, I just wish she wasn't falling.
@CookieMonster46 meds create fogginess in cognitive effectiveness so maybe it is the meds making her wobbly . . .
Ouch that looks painful . I hope the swelling goes down real soon. Also hope your grandmother will be okay
thank you
@Plethos (11632)
I wouldnt be surprised if shes not used to her repaired hip.
no, she is afraid to walk much, , when she does, she will usually fall.
@spiderdust (7535)
• San Jose, California
I'm really worried about that leg. No one can see you before the 26th?
No, unless i go to ER but that cost a lot and they will say see the doctor, so will have to wait.
Strong person! God bless!
thank you
Oh my goodness that is amazing she is still getting around at 102. Does she have a live in care taker? Your leg is very noticeably swollen in the photo. I only had to deal with a tiny amount of swelling at the end of my first pregnancy but it was terrible so I can imagine how painful your legs must be
My aunt who i think is 84, 85 lives with her . yes, this is the biggest my leg has been, I am anxious to see the doctor.
I am so glad you have an appointment on the 26th. Hopefully there will be a way to reduce the swelling in your legs. Is your grandmother back home now? It is so hard to prevent those falls. My dad will be 97 in June, and he is in a nursing home a few minutes from my home and my sister's home. We kept him independent until age 94, but he needed more care than we could manage. We see him all the time, so he does pretty well there. If our dad fell, no way could we pick him up.
Yes, she is home, my aunt will never admit she needs more help, but I think she does. However, she is in charge of my grandmother and we can't tell her what to do. It is the same when she falls the fire dept has to come down to lift her.
Oh wow she is in need of round the clock care. Does she live alone there?
No, my 80 something year old aunt is lives with her, she can't live alone, During the day my dad helps take care of her, but I hate to say it, my dad is in bad shape, with his kidneys right now and can only do so much. If she falls I really can't lift her, I am in pain with my legs, before i could bend my knees and pick her up , but my one leg is so swelled bending is a problem.
Does your grandmother have a caregiver? I hope the doctor can do something about your leg.
Her daughter takes care of her but she is in her 80's they have a nurse and therapist come during the day several times a week, but she falls a lot when they are not there. I hope they can do something for my leg too, I can't live like this.
Perhaps you are suffering from water retention? My husbands legs and feet swelled up, and they gave him extra water tablets and that did the trick.
I am sure it is water, I hope they give me something
@kavinitu (5066)
Please take care of yourself. I hope your grandma will be fine.