I ALMOST had a lucid dream last night.

Cleveland, Ohio
I have a specific test to tell if I'm dreaming or not. I hold a small object in the palm of my hand and see if I can levitate it with my mind. If I can, that means I'm dreaming, and I can take control. Last night I think I was already kind of aware that I was dreaming, so I picked up a discarded travel brochure and tried to levitate it. For some reason, I couldn't do it. Bummer.
I thought lucid dreams are where you are in a dream state of mind but your eyes are open but you are unable to move your body? I control my dreams quite often, I realized I am dreaming and starting to grab something or say something to someone. Its pretty fun!
• Cleveland, Ohio
I understand lucid dreaming as when you're aware that you're dreaming and can control it. I don't know what happens to your body during that.
@PeachieMew Oh, I guess I'll have to read up on it. Because from ny understanding, lucid dreams are quite terrifying because you can't move and stuff is happening all around you.
• Cleveland, Ohio
@taciaelisepeace Maybe we both have to read up on it. What you're talking about sounds more like sleep paralysis.