My Car Wouldn't Start and Other odd Experiences!

Well it happened again today! I went to get into my car and it wouldn't open at first. Once in the car it didn't want to start. No nothing was wrong with the car! I have key-less doors and start which means all I need is my key fob in my pocket. Now mind you I had the fob in my pocket and normally it would work but there are certain instances where it won't and it is not a mechanical failure on the part of the car or the fob. Any Ideas why it wouldn't work????? Let me explain... I have a wallet that is RIFD protection for any cards I have. It doesn't let thieves steal my identity with special readers. The problem is that when my key fob ends up behind it then the signal doesn't travel to the car either. Thus my car won't unlock and it won't start! I carry my wallet in my front pocket which is also where my key fob is. This is information for ladies with purses. If you have key less entry and or start vehicles and any RFID protective product you might have the same problem from time to time!
It's good that you know all this. How long did it take you to realise what was happening?
@JudyEv It took a little while. When it first happened I would take the key fob out and point it at the car. I actually realized it when I was pulling it out of my pocket and popped the back hatch accidentally while it was still in my pocket but had cleared my wallet! LOL
@Berniezeitler We've solved a few problems 'accidentally' like this too. Something works and you suddenly realise how it happened.
@cintol (2046)
Mine does the same thing some times but not because I have an RIFD, I think my key fob just gets lost in the bottom of my purse and the rest of the crap in there blocks it. I should really clean out my purse lol
@Plethos (7898)
Keep them in seperate pockets.