Hunt for the Creamiest Chocolate Ice Cream

World's creamiest chocolate ice cream recipe?
Melbourne, Australia
I made this chocolate ice cream recently. It was super creamy and I loved it! The recipe included 2 cups of cream combined with chocolate, sugar and cocoa. Does anyone have a go-to recipe for a really creamy chocolate ice cream? I'm wanting to experiment.
@cintol (4453)
I have never made ice cream, this one you made looks pretty good
• Melbourne, Australia
@cintol Thanks. Yeah it was so good - perfect for the Summer weather here in Australia!
@cintol (4453)
I bet, what flavor are you looking to make next?
• Melbourne, Australia
@cintol you'll probably hate me for saying this, but garlic ice cream is next. I don't think it will be a favourite but i'm keen to try it.
Isn't it so much trouble with the ice crystals needed as one churns the cream and other ingredients together though ?
• Melbourne, Australia
@enlightenedpsych2 There were no ice crystals, just tasty ice cream :) its important to have really chilled mixture before adding to an ice cream machine.
@natemelb no ice crystals hmmmm maybe when I learned to churn cream and sugar and natural flavorings in a bucket, there was an outer bucket of ice that served as a very effective cooling conductor, but I am thinking maybe Girl Scouts were taught a different way ...
• Melbourne, Australia
@enlightenedpsych2 My first ice cream machine was under $100 and it made amazing ice cream. No need for the bucket of ice any more :)
@AKRao24 (12948)
The picture is looking great dear friend! appreciate your efforts and experimentation...some how I am not a big fan of sweet dishes! Have a nice time and enjoy your Ice cream dear @natemelb ! Thanks!
• Melbourne, Australia
@akrao24 Thanks for stopping by :)
@AKRao24 (12948)
You are most welcome dear friend @natemelb ! Have a nice time ! Thanks!
@RodrickH (5718)
Very nice one, did you made it by yourself?
• Melbourne, Australia
@rodrickh Yes, I spend most of my life trying new ice cream recipes lol.
@shmeedia (1045)
yum! it looks really good! i don't have any recipes but just thought i'd compliment the result lol.
• Melbourne, Australia
@shmeedia Thanks so much :)
@Plethos (9545)
My go to recipe is to go to the store for ice cream.
• New Baltimore, Michigan
No, I don't ever make ice cream. But ironically, I did buy one of those little Cherry Garcia ice creams today....and I don't even eat ice cream. I don't know why I bought it. I don't know if I'll even eat it. And I don't know why I'm in this discussion. I guess I just like the idea of someone being creative and making their own ice cream. Do you use heavy whipping cream to make the ice cream? Because that would make it creamier. Unless you're already doing that...
• Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for your comment Melanie and glad you joined the discussion! Yes, this ice cream used heavy cream and lots of it. The "creaminess-factor" was set to ten :)
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@natemelb Got it. Okay then, have you tried using....sweetened condensed milk? Eagle brand, in a can.
• Melbourne, Australia
@Melanie_Marie Yes, it works well by incorporating with whipped cream. Is that how you do it?
@miketagz (7433)
I want to try that. Interesting.
• Melbourne, Australia
@miketagz Do you have an ice cream machine? That makes it easy :)
@miketagz (7433)
@natemelb Nope. I don't have. Maybe manual processing.
• Melbourne, Australia
@miketagz yes, instead of churning in an ice cream machine, you can just add straight to the freezer. Every half hour or so remove and whisk, then put back in freezer. It makes good ice cream.
Welcome to myLot. Enjoy the site! The first step for all newbies is to read the Guidelines to learn what is allowed or not on the site. Then you can write a post introducing yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself. Furthermore, read around as much as you can, Like and Comment on other members' posts. Only then will members come to your site and do the same. This is called interaction. Don't expect too much money-wise. If you reach $5 a month (the payout limit), you can call yourself lucky. Please add the name of your country to your account page.
Have questions about myLot? Help is here!
• New Baltimore, Michigan
He already hit the jackpot on his first discussion. For being a newbie too.. Nice work.
@prashu228 (25821)
That really looks creamy and yummy ...hope everyone liked it
• Melbourne, Australia
Thanks!
@ebanreb (6268)
Wow nice one. Share the ingredients my friend. I love ice cream.
• Melbourne, Australia
I used 2 cups cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 6 egg yolks, 1/4 cup cocoa and a block of dark chocolate.
@ebanreb (6268)
@natemelb Ok my friend. Thank you for the ingredients.
@kavinitu (4318)
@natemelb Wow! Thanks for sharing.
@rheicel (7297)
Wow, I love ice cream. How did you do that?
@houda28 (381)
• Tunisia
This looks excellent and exactly what would cure my chocolate craving. Thanks for sharing :*
• Melbourne, Australia
An ice cream machine helps improve the texture - it makes it less icy. I used 2 cups cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 6 egg yolks, 1/4 cup cocoa and a block of dark chocolate.
@rheicel (7297)
@natemelb You're just have to mix all the ingredients in ice cream machine?
My mum used to make ice-cream when I was a child but there were no ice-cream makers back then. I remember it had to partially freeze then be beaten up again and frozen again. I forgot - welcome to myLot. And I'm guessing that's Melbourne, Australia? Because there is a Melbourne in Florida too.
• Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for the welcome :) Yes it was a lot harder before ice cream makers came along! I'm originally from New Zealand, but live in Australia now. I hope you have a great day!
@dodoazo (17268)
How I wish I could make my own ice cream. I am not only the one who loves it but my 5 grandchildren, my children and my wife. We always buy a commercial ice cream, the branded one and it's too costly.
• Melbourne, Australia
If you have a jar, some cream, sugar and cocoa you can make this VERY easy recipe: You don't need an ice cream machine and it's a lot cheaper than store bought ice cream.
Mason jar ice cream. When you need dessert fast! There's been a lot of talk about mason jars over recent months, both positive and negative. So this is a good point for me to make a
@dodoazo (17268)
@natemelb Thanks. I will try this one. I know I can save money for this. Do I need to freeze it?
i havent tried making ice cream seems you must have a high temp of cold more ice i dont have like that lol
• Melbourne, Australia
I'm in Australia so it gets hot here but it doesn't matter too much. An ice cream machine helps.
• New Delhi, India
Isnt your icecream so awesome ? I hope I could taste it
• Melbourne, Australia
Next time I make it I'll invite you over ;) I love Kulfi, that's so good.
• New Delhi, India
@natemelb Thank you so much icream man. Thank you.
nice. yeah can i have some
• Melbourne, Australia
Next time you're invited too :) I hope you're having a great day!
@natemelb thanks welcome to mylot
Actually, I don't like chocolate as flavor for ice cream. Though, if it is mixed with milk and not chocolatey, I will eat it. I love Cadbury's and Lindt's chocolate bars. Though when it comes to cake and ice cream, I don't want it. Please try making the "sili"or chili ice cream as what I have posted about. So, you make your own ice cream. How nice!
• Melbourne, Australia
Oh Lindt, I can't get enough of that chocolate! Your sili looks great, I will have a try at that soon. Chilli in ice cream is so good. I attached a pic of a chocolate chilli ice cream I made a year or so back. It also had Mezcal which is similar to Tequila.
@natemelb Is is so spicy or just milk. That seems so delicious, that you made me crave for one this very moment.
@maclanis (1514)
• Belgium
That looks delicious! I've never made ice cream, but I love eating it. Sorry I can't help you with a recipe.
• Melbourne, Australia
Thanks :)
• Casablanca, Morocco
I have never thought to make a homemade Ice Cream. Is there a different in the taste? Which one is better or is it all the same?
• Melbourne, Australia
I love the taste of it all to be honest. But the homemade stuff is really fresh, has more flavour, and doesn't have any of the extra additives. If you make some fresh brownies and mix into into homemade ice cream you'll be in heaven.