Insanely Hot, Hot Sauce!

Like I said in my last post, I am so fond of spicy foods, so much so, that I have hot sauce at home and even at the office. But I remember many years ago, that one of the things my husband’s sister living with her family in Australia sent us in a “balikbayan box” (a big box for the family members from the place where she came from) is a hot sauce. Since we all love spicy foods, we put it on the table for everyone to use that lunchtime. It was labeled Insanely Hot Hot Sauce! I was the first one to taste it, by putting just a little drop on a side of my fried pork chop. The moment I tasted it, I nearly choked! It was so spicy that my tongue seemed burned ! I have to gargle with water at the sink and ate a banana. But the spicy taste is still there. My head whirled. It was really insanely hot! Nobody dared touch it anymore and hubby dumped it in the trash bin. Good thing, I only put so little! Have you experienced something like this in your whole life?
My husband likes to buy those very hot sauces, I do not use them, I like Tabasco, it is hot, but not insanely hot. To remove the burning sensation from your mouth the only things that work are yogurt, sour cream, whole milk. A banana does not help at all.
Does sugar help?
Hubby and I love Tabasco too. And you are right, it is hot but not insanely hot. Indeed, the banana didn't ease the spiciness in my mouths. So it should be any of those you mentioned.
@SIMPLYD Yes, sour cream and yogurt are the two things that work best for me.
I discovered when I was married that I like spicy food. There was one time I bought something from a food place and the guy said it was spicy what I put on my food and it wasn't spicy. I am he thought I could not handle it.
Well, that actually happened to me too. I bought a spicy food but the lady put the one not spicy. I ate it and just crushed Thai chili to make it spicy. The next day, i passed by the store and told the girl that it wasn;t spicy she gave me. I showed my annoyance and she gave me an apology. But I never ever buy there anymore from then on.
@SIMPLYD What nerve that she asked you for an apology rebel_woman.
@Hannihar I am sorry, my mistake it should me gave me an apology. I will edit it.
Not yet. I'm fond of spicy things as well and the spiciest food I've ever tried was when I was in Bangkok. Much spicier than the Korean food. I like Tabasco better than jufran. Jufran isn't as spicy as tabasco I think.
So you like spicy foods too. Indeed, Korean foods are spicy also though I can take them. Yes, Jufran isn't so spicy that's why it's the brand I like. although, we also have Tabasco at home because hubby likes it but seldom use it to avoid his hyperacidity from returning. I like Tabasco in my pizza. Shakeys has it for their pizzas.
@SIMPLYD Yeah Shakey's has always been using Tabasco.
@toniganzon And Tabasco is just so right with the pizza. Oh, I want to eat pizza now.
@ridingbet (59691)
i like it. especially now that i have rhinitis, i think it is good to have some spicy food. it actually decongests my nasal cavity.
That is true. If one is a lover of spicy foods, he would seldom get colds. And it indeed would decongest the nasal cavity. Gives me a runny nose.
@ridingbet (59691)
@SIMPLYD but it loosens the nasal congestion, right?
@ridingbet Yes, just like what a chili does as always.
I enjoy hot, but not that hot. I once ate a hot pepper in a restaurant by accident, and the staff rushed to bring me sour cream which helped tremendously. I do love wasabi and Tobasco sauce.
So it means you also like spicy foods but not so spicy. I love wasabi and Tabasco sauce too, just little of them only on food. I love how wasabi would make my nose smoke with its spiciness.
@SIMPLYD Ha Ha! Yes, I love that feeling, too, but not so hot it ruins my taste buds!
yes when i ate the small jalapeno i almost die of hotness
So you have experienced that. Oh that, I always experience too. In veggies cooked in coconut milk, as it is also the practice of cooking veggies here, they put two or 3 jalapeño , not sliced. So, I would eat the tip to see if it's spicy and most of the time it is super hot, I would run to the sink and wash my tongue with a toothpaste.
@SIMPLYD really? Do toothpaste helps? I dont know that maybe next time if i eat another jalapeno lol
@Strawberry18 I think it helped take out some of the spiciness. But they said it should be milk .
@Mshafeeq (1553)
• Bangalore, India
Yes i have experienced and I like spicy food sometimes I eat green chilli as well.
I don't wonder, since you are an Indian. Most Indians like spicy foods. Really, you eat green chili? I suppose it isn't spicy yet since it's still green?
@Mshafeeq (1553)
• Bangalore, India
@SIMPLYD some types of green chilli are not spicy but some are very. We Indians like little spicy little chatpata
@Mshafeeq Yes, I know that. Most of your dishes are with spices. That is why, very seldom that I see fat Indians.
Then you must try Bhut jolokia the hottest chilli in the world
Oh, I will never try that! Once is enough! If insanely hot is so hot, how much more the hottest chilli in the world?
@SIMPLYD Here is the comparison how hot it is In 2000, India's Defence Research Laboratory (DRL) reported a Scoville rating of 855,000 SHUs,[10] and in 2004 a rating of 1,041,427 SHUs was made using HPLC analysis.[11] For comparison, Tabasco red pepper sauce rates at 5000–10,000, and pure capsaicin (the chemical responsible for the pungency of pepper plants) rates at 16,000,000 SHUs. Source Wikimedia
@allknowing Oh my, and to think I find Tabasco delicious yet too hot. I only put very little drops on my pizza. So your chili is very, very hot like this Insanely hot hot sauce maybe. or the chili used in this is that chili.
@EddieHands (37807)
Oh wow that sauce is way to hot for me! No way am I going to eat it! NO thank you.. i will die lol
Me, I didn't die but went insane because I don't know of what to do to remove the so much spiciness in my mouth. It was banana I had in mind but it didn't take any of the spiciness.
@miketagz (7505)
@SIMPLYD @EddieHands I saw this rare food. You might try this... Any last words?.. Hahahah
@miketagz I thinks that's a spicy chips! I love spicy chips. One spicy chips i lie is Nova with Jalapeño.
I steer well away from hot sauces. I don't like them at all.
At least you know what you don;t like and avoid them.
@SIMPLYD When we go to an Indian restaurant near here I have a tiny amount of any hot dishes and lots and lots of rice!
@JudyEv I must admit that a spicy dish can make you eat more rice.
@AKRao24 (21218)
Yes many a times, as in India we have some states where the chilies are eaten in more quantity in every dish to make them hot! I experienced them whenever it happened for me to visit those states! Thanks!
Here too in our province, there are some people who eat the Thai chili. And I think that is the same as putting some drops of the Insanely ho, sauce am talking about. So you also eat spicy foods. I know Indian nationals love spicy foods as they are fond of putting lots in their foods.
@AKRao24 (21218)
In fact in India we grow almost all spices and condiments in abundant quantity which makes is very much affordable to every one to use @SIMPLYD ! Except for some rare spices like saffron other spices are quite affordable! That is why people like to have spicy food! Thanks!
@AKRao24 I am thinking that most, Indians are slim and have thick hair. Could it be because of those spices they always put in their foods?
@cintol (7874)
I don't eat spicy, my children are mexican and tease me all the time because I can't eat hot food. They have tried but they always give me a glass of milk with it because they know the least little bit will have me drinking the entire glass to stop the burn on my tongue.
Oh, that's sad. When they eat like to eat spicy food you have to cook one that isn't spicy for you. But at least you try to eat.
@cintol (7874)
Yes, I have given it my best shot but nope, not going there anymore. They are all grown now so make their own meals with spice and all.
@YrNemo (14719)
I bit into a hot chilly fruit once, a very red and tiny one. I swear I saw fireworks at the time...
I can relate with you seeing fireworks after you have bitten that hot chilly fruit. I also seem to see fireworks too , that I felt dizzy.
@YrNemo (14719)
@Icydoll (24745)
I love spicy food... even though it burns..I tend to eat it
Well, that is understandable, because most Indians are so fond of spicy foods. But you know, health books mentioned that eating spicy foods helps us not getting colds. I think that is true because I rarely get colds even if my officemates have it.
@Icydoll (24745)
@SIMPLYD yeah my dear friend I know that.
@acelawrites (12316)
I don't like such very hot sauce! I remembered once, I put so much wasabi in my sushi, and I had a very sharp headache and tears!
Oh my, I also experience that when it's my first time to put wasabi on the dip for the tempura. It brought tears to my eyes and my mouth felt like hell. But it's so delicious. Yes, wasabi- i love that, but we really just have to be cautious in putting just a little of it so the food will not be overly spicy
Yes and milk wll put that fire out.
So it's milk not banana that can help cool down the too much spiciness. I will have that in mind.
I don;t think that would be for me! I don't think I would try the "ghost pepper" either. I think that is what they call that pepper so hot, it has to be handled with plastic gloves.
So the "ghost pepper" monicker is for what type of food is that? It's the first time I have heard of such term for a food. This is what is nice with a forum site like this, I learned other terms.
Wow, that had to be hot. I don't like hot sauce that hot.
We really thought it was just an ordinary hot sauce whose spiciness we can take. But then, the label is what it is - insanely hot! You will be insane once your tongue touches the hot sauce and you don't know what to do to remove or tame the spiciness.
@ilocosboy (37514)
Oh my, I can't even dare to taste level 1 spicyness, how much more with that insanely hot sauce.
True! If you can't take that level 1 of spiciness of an ice cream, for sure you will really go insane of what to do once the taste of this Insanely Hot, Hot sauce touches you tongue. That's what happened to me, that it was banana I have in mind to eat to tame the spiciness, which of course wasn't effective at all. I think, i rubbed my tongue with lots of toothpaste.
Yes and I am sad to say but I almost lost control that day. A sweet friend at woke from Indis loves her spice and I said I would like to enjoy mine too. I mentioned to her i like hot sauce on everything but nothing like peppers and stuff. She began bringing food for me and I asked her to stop. Not because of much other than the taste was not for me. Then I stopped taking food because I was just tossing it behind her back. I was happy to be treated so kind but times are hard. One day she comes with a dish she really wanted me to try. I kept saying no and she kept asking to just try it. I did and the hot pepper damn near killed me. I was over the garbage can and crying. I knew if I hit her i would kill her. I never took anything from her after that. she eats hot peper like an apple I would eat.
Oh my! Your pretension that you have been eating the spicy foods she's giving you has made her think that you can take that food. I can just imagine how you cried when you tasted how hot it is! What did she tell you to apologize?