ER Visit for My Daughter

@nanette64 (15551)
Fairfield, Texas
Normally, every day my daughter and I email each other and when I got nothing from her yesterday, I knew something was up. I called her and she sounded like she was at Death's Door. I told her to get her butt to the ER. Now mind you, she had the FLU shot as it was a freebie at the IT company she works for. Plus with her being a member of BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse), she had to be careful around the kids not to make them sick and vise-versa. She called me after getting home from the ER and yup; she has the Flu, Bronchitis and all of the other lovely symptoms. Because she already had the Flu shot, all they could do for her was give her a shot in the butt of antibiotics. Hopefully she'll feel better by Saturday considering it's her 48th birthday.
@Courage7 (1154)
Sorry to hear your daughter is sick. Hoping for her healing very soon. Happy BDay to her.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Courage7 ; I'll pass it along to her. I hate to say it but I think those flu shots are more of a detriment than a good thing. I've never had one and never will and I've never had the flu.
@AKRao24 (5876)
She will be all right dear @Courage7 ! I appreciate your concern for others! God bless!
@Courage7 (1154)
Just three days to get well - at least she should be feeling a bit better by then
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
I sure hope so @Kandae11 . This flu thing has been so scary; particularly for her age group and a little younger. I just hope she's got some of my immune system. I even hug people who have it. They're fine in a couple of days and I don't get sick.
@nanette64 I have forgotten what it feels like to have a cold.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Kandae11 Me too. I can't even remember the last time that would have happened. I think I was 8 years old.
hope youre daughter gets well soon
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Strawberry18 . I called her this afternoon and her temperature had gone up a little. I told her it was crucial to keep an eye on that; plus keep hydrated.
@nanette64 i believe fluids are very important youre welcome
@Plethos (7627)
Good thing she listened to her momma.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
You got that right @Plethos . I'd hate to have to drive the 3 states to go kick her butt.
@Plethos (7627)
@nanette64 - im sure she would also.
so sorry for this.Lot of this stuff is going around.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @amadeo . You would think I'd be the one more vulnerable considering I'm 66 wouldn't you?
@nanette64 yes your right there
Aw, I am so sorry to hear this. =( I will be praying for healing!
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you very much @LovingMyBabies ; I truly appreciate that.
Aww, hope she is well for her birthday today.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
I don't think she'll be doing any dancing though considering she fell down a flight of stairs yesterday going to get the mail @DianneN .
@nanette64 Oh, no!!!!! It's not her lucky week. I hope she didn't break anything!
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DianneN Fortunately no; just some big bruises.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she feels better soon.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Happy2BeMe . I sure don't want to get the call that she's in the hospital; considering I'm 3 states away from her.
@nanette64 How is she feeling now?
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Happy2BeMe She is feeling better. She emailed me today. Outside of falling down a flight of stairs.
@1hopefulman (22442)
The flu this year is very powerful. I hope she gets better soon!
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
And it's constantly changing @1hopefulman . Which makes it even more dangerous. Thank you for caring.
@1hopefulman (22442)
@nanette64 How is she doing?
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
@1hopefulman I just talked to her and she is feeling a little better even though when she went to go get the mail last night, she fell down the apartment complex stairs. Fortunately only some bruises there.
So sorry she has the flu. The flu shot did not serve the people well at all. I hope Saturday she will be able to celebrate her birthday!
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
They're saying maybe 30% effective? Seriously?? I don't ever get one and considering I'm falling apart at the seams, you'd think I'd be a perfect candidate for the stuff. I know what it is.....I'm just too dang ornery @Corbin5 .
@nanette64 I did not get one either. Due to having kidney disease, the flu would be a disaster for me, but I am equipped with surgical masks if I need to go among people. One good thing about winter, I keep my gloves on in stores. I have basically quarantined myself indoors. Anyone who enters my house gets a bacterial wipe. So far, so good. That flu shot brings in a ton of money, and even though it is rather useless, they still push it.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Yup, better for you to be safe than sorry. I on the other hand, hug people who are sick. Oh yeah the pharmaceutical companies just have to make their money.
Well, this proves what I thought, you get the flu even if you got the flu shot. I hope she will be well soon, they say it's shorter when you had the shot... let us know.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
I talked to her last night @LadyDuck and she said her temp had gone up slightly. I told her it was extremely important that she keep an eye on that. Her normal temp is 98.4 and it was at 98.7. I said if it hits 100, she needs to go back.
@nanette64 You are right, she must keep an eye on her temperature, it is important.
Not a nice combination at all. Good thing you told to go to the ER.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
She's as stubborn as I am about things, but I told her this was nothing to mess around with @Hannihar .
@nanette64 You were right it is nothing to mess around with Nanette.
@sallypup (24372)
• Moses Lake, Washington
The poor dear. Here's hoping she will be able to enjoy her birthday cake and ice cream.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @sallypup .
I hope she will be feeling better soon.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @jstory07 . Her temp was up slightly last night. I told her if it hits 100, she needs to go back.
Sorry to hear that. I always get the worse kind of flu when I get the flu shot. And it lingers for months too. That's why I stopped having the flu shot. I am much better off. I hope she feels better soon.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, I've never had the shot @thehousewife . Or the flu. I even hug people that do to help them out.
• Riga, Latvia
Yep, the bad stuff is going on around here too. I stay at home these days. My late husband's daughter who comes to help me clean out my house called to say she was sick a week ago. Now she told me she is still sick and her fiance got sick too. They both still have fever and bad bronchitis. Hope your daughter feels mus better soon.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh dang, that's not good @RasmaSandra . And it is so easy for the Bronchitis to develop into Pneumonia. Thank you and I hope your daughter and fiance get better soon too.
@dodo19 (29214)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she feels better soon.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @dodo19 ; I do too. Nothin' worse than being sick but close to your BD too? Geez!!
@Prdhan (179)
I wish your daughter to be well-cured.Advance birthday wishes.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
Thank you @Prdhan . I hope she gets better soon too. I'll give her your birthday wish.
That's sad,she should have have fun on her birthday and not confined to a hospital bed.I wish she can recover soon to celebrate.
@nanette64 (15551)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too and I thank you for the well wishes @kareemadivina .
@AKRao24 (5876)
Don't worry she will be alright...some time such things happen after getting an vaccine...this I am saying in the capacity of a Vet working for a Stud Farm in the position of Chief Vet..this I am saying just to build a confidence in me dear friend @nanette64 ! Things will be all right! Just Chill and relax! Thanks!