Bird Bath Mountain Is Open for Business

We have a mountain of snow on top of the bird bath that sits in our front yard. I do believe I will welcome all birds to enjoy what I call "Bird Bath Mountain." The use of "Bird Bath Mountain" will be free of charge, of course. Birds will be allowed to bring their little goggles, tiny skis, and miniature ski poles to enjoy some fresh-powder skiing at "Bird Bath Mountain." The birds will definitely be able to use "Bird Bath Mountain" for sledding on their itty-bitty sleds too. I think snowboarding would be a lovely activity for the birds to enjoy during their stay at "Bird Bath Mountain." Since birds can fly, no ski lift will be necessary at "Bird Bath Mountain." We have a very tall evergreen tree just 4 feet from "Bird Bath Mountain, and that tree will provide lovely accommodations for birds to spend the night. Our next door neighbor has a bird feeder, so food will not be an issue at "Birdbath Mountain." My husband and I created a "Gnome Home" in the garden that is located a few feet from "Birdbath Mountain." The gnomes said that the birds will be welcome to stay the night in the "Gnome Home," if desired. I do need to research if gnomes eat birds.
That's so cute - it'd be neat with a cherry on top . I can imagine the birds having their own Winter Olympics there!
We have one of Molly's red balls. I am going to go out there and put that "cherry" on top!!! Passers by will love that! And yes, I think a Winter Olympics should be in the works.
@Corbin5 How about some hot fudge sauce too . You need another bird bath out there with just frozen water so they can skate .
@much2say I did add a red ball to the top. It does look like an ice cream sundae.
Maybe the birds were in the mood for a snow cone.
I think the snow cone could be the grand finale after a fine few days of using the slopes!!
@alberello75 (16416)
• Genova, Italy
How did you make the gnome home? Which material?
We made it from a tree stump left behind from a fir tree we cut down.
My husband decided to keep the stump left behind from a fir tree that needed to be removed from one of our gardens. The home for gnomes is shaping up. The...
@alberello75 (16416)
• Genova, Italy
@Corbin5 However, I do not understand the reason why you felled the tree!
@alberello75 It was looking pretty shabby and it was going to die soon, so we cut it down.
That's a pretty steep ski slope!
It really is. I did stick a red ball on top this afternoon. Looks like an ice cream sundae.
@Corbin5 You need a few sprinkles too.
@JudyEv Yes, a few sprinkles would be a nice touch!!
@cintol (4453)
Haha, that was cute although how many birds do you think are there right now with all that snow. Must be hearty little birds.
They make reservations and we pick them up at O'Hare airport. Due to all the luggage, skis, snowboards, and sleds, they have to use Delta. Winter birds that stay put in our area are the white-crowned sparrows, Carolina wrens, yellow-rumped warblers, wintering eastern phoebe, and scoters. The wintering ducks, and wintering gulls are too hefty for Bird Bath Mountain.
@cintol (4453)
You are quite clever, this little story is great. Keep it coming bird lady lol
that is how our bird bath look. Mike put food on top of it.they loved it.lol
I did put food at the base of the bird bath, but I like Mike's idea better.
I can assure you that gnomes don't eat birds. No danger there. @LadyDuck
When I tell the birds they can choose to stay in the Gnome Home, they seem a bit concerned about being around gnomes. I will assure them they are in no danger.
This gnome is funny. I am not a fan of the gnomes, but many here have gnomes in their gardens.
@LadyDuck We just have extremely tiny ones. I could not tolerate a big gnome in my garden.
@Plethos (9545)
a bird friend of mine wants me to ask if the place has a all you can eat buffet?
Yes, please tell your friend that there is an all you can eat buffet. Also, we have a bus that picks up birds from far away at O'Hare airport.
@Plethos (9545)
@Corbin5 - he hates crowded buses, he doesnt flock very well. he may just see if theres an uber .
What a cute idea. Do you have pictures of the gnome home you created? I'd love to see.
The gnome home was fun to make.
Oh my gosh how cute! I love it!
@garymarsh6 (13204)
Sounds like you have an all inclusive resort going on there!
Oh yes, it is quite pricey, but the service and amenities are the best.
@Fishmomma (11523)
Cool photo your weather isn't like mine at least its not over 90 in February, as that happened in January. My roses are blooming.
Oh wow. You do have some lovely warm weather!!
Did it pile on like that all by itself? It looks almost like a dome over it.
Yes, it piled on like that. I stuck a red ball on top. Ice cream sundae!!
@vandana7 (62278)
Still snow laden? :( Sad.
Wednesday and Thursday the melting will begin due to warmer temperatures. I love it when the snow melts away.
@Fleura (7110)
What a lovely idea! And they needn't be afraid of falling either!
Yes, since birds can fly, no danger of falling!!
• Riga, Latvia
Great idea for the birds. I have some little birds and four big crows that I feed all year long and those crows go crazy if a day passes by when I don't leave anything out for them.
Yes, those birds really do depend upon you for food. In the summer, I love to watch the birds taking a bath in the bird bath. They really are very thorough when they bathe.
I wish I could find bird feeding on my window cill. I saw it a long while ago. Your yard looks nice like that. I don't like walking in snow anymore.
It would be fun to have a bird feeder on your window sill. I love to watch when the birds are taking a bath in the bird bath. They really take long baths.
@MarymargII (9365)
• Toronto, Ontario
I remember that gnome home- hope they keep to themselves and don't bother those Alpine skiing birds. Who knows they may make it to next time's Animal Olympics---lol!
I have talked with the birds, and they are very interested in the Animal Olympics for next winter. Birds will win gold!!
• Toronto, Ontario
@Corbin5 Ha! did you speak with them on Twitter? lol!
@MarymargII I did!!!
Good one, much2say gave you a great idea. Of course you know that with a cherry on top it'll look more like an ice cream sundae which a wee bird might misinterpret as dangerous
Well, due to it being 45F out there, the red ball has slid down the shrinking mountain. By day's end, no more mountain.
Well, looks like you'll have to offer to let them rent towels @Corbin5
@rebelann Little bitty towels.
I hope that gnomes do not eat birds, may be they suggest to go to their home because they like birds a little too much.
I am worried about the gnomes. They have told me they will be kind to the birds, but I don't trust those little rascals.
@Corbin5 I would not trust those little gnomes either. Tell the birds to be careful.
@Icydoll (13139)
Very cute bird bath mountain :)
I hope the birds will come to do a bit of skiing or sledding.
@Icydoll (13139)
@Corbin5 I hope so..if they do come next post the picture with birds .it will look beautifulwith cool birds.
@Icydoll Will try to do that!!