Today Was Bread Making Day

https://pixabay.com/en/dough-knead-bake-food-cake-eat-3082589/
@HazySue (23038)
I spent part of my day, a better part of my day I might say, making bread. I found a really simple white bread recipe online and thought I would try it. Right now the dough is in the oven baking and it smells delightful. It rose nicely and I can't wait to try it. When it is all baked we will have four loaves to enjoy over the next few days. hopefully it will last that long. My husband can eat his weight in homemade bread. Do you ever get the urge to make homemade bread?
My husband makes homemade white bread. I do not eat white bread, but the house sure does smell good when he bakes it.
@HazySue (23038)
I am not a big bread eater, homemade or store bought. Lucky you to have a husband that makes bread.
I always make our bread at home, there are too many unwanted ingredients in the ready made bread.
@HazySue (23038)
How true. Beside, homemade always tastes better.
@HazySue I agree, everything made at home tastes better.
@HazySue (23038)
@LadyDuck sometimes it depends on the cook. I knew someone who couldn't cook her way out of a paper bag. Everything she tried to make tasted like wet cardboard.
@cintol (7704)
I have never made much bread, my son was the bread maker and made a wicked pull apart garlic bread. I miss it
@HazySue (23038)
Your son's pull apart garlic bread does sound good. I bet you do miss it.
@cintol (7704)
Every holiday that comes, he would make it and I gave him a hand written recipe book with all his favorites growing up. He had added recipes to it and the bread was one but someone stole it and so we don't even have the recipe.
@HazySue (23038)
@cintol That's awful. Maybe he can look online and find one like it.
I do get urges, but I never get around to doing it ! Oh, I'll bet your house smells awesome . . . please tell us how they taste!
@HazySue (23038)
It was wonderful. I had my slice of bread and am satisfied. I am not really a bread eater.
@HazySue That's actually a good thing - people shouldn't be eating too much bread - but for us bread lovers it's so hard to resist!!
@HazySue (23038)
@much2say I know, that's what my hubby says - it's so hard to resist.
I love the smell but I don't make it. If I did, it would all be gone that day. I find when we had a bread-maker that the bread never lasted - it was always eaten on the same day! Not good for the waistline.
@HazySue (23038)
I know it's not good for the waistline, one of the reasons I don't make it all the time. My hubby would be the size of a barn if I did. I have never tried using a bread-maker. Is it a lot easier?
@HazySue We found it easy. Just add the ingredients in the correct order and switch it on.
@HazySue (23038)
@Maria24 (2160)
I love homemade bread is the best
@HazySue (23038)
I like homemade bread, the smell, the texture, the taste.
@Maria24 (2160)
@millie02 (6905)
I love homemade bread, please save some for me. I have tried to make it in the past , but it never turned out well.
@HazySue (23038)
I have been making it for years. After awhile it starts to seem like second nature.
I have never made homemade bread but a willing participant in consuming homemade bread.
@HazySue (23038)
It is good for sure. Especially when you eat it warm from the oven.
It's been a long time.
@HazySue (23038)
You should try it again. Homemade bread is better for you than the store bought.
I've never attempted to make homemade bread even though I say I'm going to try. I love how wonderful baking bread smells. Enjoy!
@HazySue (23038)
It does smell so terrific when it's baking. I know my hubby always enjoy it.
I have not made bread in about five years. Somewhere on a crashed computer I have a recipe I created for herbed cottage cheese bread. I can possible recreate it. Plain white bread is too hard on my blood sugar levels as it is really yummy. I would be more likely to make whole grain.