Back in the 50's into the 60's

@sugartoes (42535)
Greencastle, Indiana
How many of us remember them days where fast food was like almost nothing to pay for like these days it's over board. here's a list of what it cost for things back then from today. 14.500 to buy a house 3.261 average income 1,200 for a auto to 5,000 85 cents for a gal of milk 20 cents for a gal of gas 15 cents for bread 3-5 cents for a stamp 25 cents for a can of pork & beans 85 cents for a lb of steak That's just some of the GOOD things about the 50's & 60's back then we didn't have the threat of what we do today that's where back to the GOOD old days come from. The song's that we use to listen to was another thing that had us in good moods & enjoying life & living life on high we went to the movie house for less than 10$ for 4 people. How much of them days do you remember & what did you like about living in the 50's if you had the chance to go back to them days would you? I know I would in a heart beat.
Things to remember from the 50's and 60's with music from the good old days
I was not born till 1965 so I grew up in the 70`s and 80`s
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@andriaperry wow, you missed out on some great times back then me & hubby got married in the 80's 1987 that had some SOME good days in it.
@Ithink (10500)
That is the year I was born!
@Ithink (10500)
@sugartoes I was married only 3 years before you.
@dodoazo (21300)
For my 1 cent before I could buy a piece of bread. Now it's 2 pesos or 200 cents. In going to our capital city, we paid Php0.50 or 50 cents. Now it's 100 cents. Everything was cheap during that era of 50s & 60s.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@dodoazo ha ha ha you right stuff back then to NOW has tripled 4 ways to Sunday from back then & the things people do NOW to back then you wouldn't DARE do then.
@dodoazo (21300)
@sugartoes I couldn't imagine the devaluation of the money from 50s to the present time.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@dodoazo yeah back then to compared to now it's tripled in the cost of living.
I was born in the early 50's, I was too young to appreciate the 50's, but I surely loved the life in the 60's.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck so was I, I was put on this earth 1958 so I know what you mean, but I still like to be back in them days at the age we are now to enjoy them.
@sugartoes I was born in 1951, the war ended from only 5 years, there was a lot of destruction in my native city, I can still remember all the buildings taken down by the bombs. Anyway, we were happy.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck you a few yrs older than me I'd say.
@VivaLaDani13 (22032)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I wish I could have a time machine to go back and see what it was like. Going and living in different eras would be so awesome. Really interests me learning about the differences between all eras. Really cool.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 we had some GOOD times back in them days.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes I can only imagine.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 yeah I wish everyday we were back in them days.
Ah, I remember those days. My Mom, could buy 40.00 worth of grocery that lasted a month.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@popciclecold you SURE can't do that today I know & now I just heard GAS is going up ANOTHER 25 cents too so yeah the price of life has went out the window in ALL kinds of ways from eating to enjoying life to LIVING & surviving.
@crossbones27 (21176)
• Redlands, California
Yeah crazy how things have spiked and they wonder why there is so many homeless. Its OK, we will just hide them and pretend there is no problem and our way of life is affordable now for everyone because capitalism can do no wrong.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@crossbones27 it really is & it has went on time & time again now things are SO expensive you can't even LOOK at them much less THINK about buying or doing or OWNING it.
The 70s and 80s are good old days to me.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@JohnRoberts that's when things STARTED getting out of control with everything & just went from there to where we are today no control, no justice, just study price gouging, now look where we are today it's crazy.
@Plethos (10852)
yeah, my dad misses those cheap prices, especially for a burger and drink.
@sugartoes (42535)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Plethos I sure can't blame him I do to we could probably sit for hrs talking about the GOOD OLD DAYS & bring back so many memories it'd make your head swim like WOW really?