No running water is worst day

I felt so immovable yesterday when I found out that there was no running water yesterday afternoon. The bill was supposed to have an announcement when they're planning to clean their TANKS! but there was none and caught me by surprise! It was fortunate it went back after six in the evening. Good thing we have a drum as a back up. Buckets tends to last short.
I am wondering if barrels for rain water would work. I hear it does else where.
When I was a kid, we had barrels for rain water. We use for washing clothes.
Hello @sharon6345 unfortunately, we are heading summer and there's not munch rain in our place, except in the south.
@Letranknight2015 to you have it bad. I would barrel my place down.
they should give you a notice i always have a small drum here in case the water just gone again. you know whats like here.
Hopefully it won't happen here. We should get a notice in advance.
Hello @Strawberry18 They don't really give announcement unless it's on their bill. But there are times like yesterday were there was no water.
@Letranknight2015 we als dont have now. But i have on my gallons
@YrNemo (12657)
I could live without power or gas, but it was always awful when there was no water.
Hello @YrNemo well, in here if power is out then so as the pumps since it's run by electricity.
@YrNemo (12657)
@Letranknight2015 ouch then... (not too good isn't it!)
@sjvg1976 (18386)
It happens here too sometime when there is no water supply and our water tanks get finished. Without water it's very tough to survive even it is for few hours.
Hello @sjvg1976 yeah I couldn't even do normal thing even after a couple of hours.
Not having water is just the worst thing and you're right, a bucket doesn't hold very much at all.
Hello @JudyEv At least we have some buckets for some relief of temporary water supply.
@prashu228 (25811)
ohh glad you have drums, we should store water for emergency
Hello @prashu228 yes, but this is just one drum.
Glad to hear it is back now.
Hello @TRBRocks420 I'm glad it's back because it felt so hard with out water.
That must have been awful! Glad you had a drum as backup and that it came back in the evening.
Hello @DianneN yes, I'm happy that it came back when it was needed.
@galileo2008 (1140)
Oh my goodness! I can totally relate to this. It happened not in the Philippines but in one city in Ecuador. We had almost 2 weeks without running water so we had to keep on buying the large container full of mineral water for $1.50! It's crazy! Nevertheless, the experience made me realized the value of having clean running water.
Hello @galileo2008 the worst I think was typhoon ondoy were we had weeks with out water that we had to get with the help of neighbor some water from another water refilling station. Maybe I'm thinking of reviving our water pump.
@Letranknight2015 Yes, I heard about it and I couldn't imagine myself being trapped in the same situation. My sister was there in Manila, too, and she experienced not having clean water to drink and the worst part is that their apartment was flooded. Too much water, yet not good for drinking.
• Trinidad And Tobago
We have 15 huge backup tanks for when there is no water. So we hardly notice if the lines do not have water.
Hello @Gita17112016 How often do you change the water if you don't experience water shortages? That's a lot of tanks.
• Trinidad And Tobago
@Letranknight2015 Change water? My friend we use the water. If we are lucky we can refill in three weeks or if we miss it we can refill in 6 weeks. Nope! that's still not enough tanks. We get water in the lines for 1 day and 1 night and we still have to use a pump to pump it. No, we don't have a water shortage here!
How long were you without water. I hate when that happens.
Hello @Hannihar there was no water for almost four hours.
@Letranknight2015 That certainly is not fun LK.
@ridingbet (52959)
we have many plastic bottles of Coke and these are filled with water.
Hello @ridingbet do you replace them? I often turned them into plant pots.
@ridingbet (52959)
@Letranknight2015 the water is used for washing the dishes, and heating some for our thermos. they are changed everyday.
@aureliah (16150)
No running water is always an issue I don’t want especially in my house. Everything becomes a mess
Hello @aureliah it's definitely a mess with out water, and some how stops you from doing what you usually do.
@aureliah (16150)
@Letranknight2015 Yeah everything becomes dirty
@RodrickH (8940)
Why there is no running water?
Hello @RodrickH I have already mention this in my discussion. read it please.
@RodrickH (8940)
@Letranknight2015 Sorry I miss that part
@pitsipeahie (2214)
I can get by fine without electricity/power but not water. Its tough! Water is just so essential, you could hardly get by with a pail or even a drum!
Hello @pitsipeahie Same here, though I survive by distracting myself in the internet, just can't have that scenario of no water again.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I would not be happy without water, I hope yours is fixed for good.
Hello PainsOnSlate they have put the water supply back online around 6 in the evening.
@vandana7 (64925)
I emptied mine last month...I need to fill that one and keep just in case. At least it is useful for toilets.
Hello @vandana7 Our flush tanks are broken so we often use the buckets all the time.
That is so inconvenient for all residents affected. I am glad you have the drum as back up too.
Hello @Corbin5 Well, it didn't make much of an effect to my tenants but it did on my situation.
That is to bad you didn't know about it ahead of time but glad it came back on the same night.
Hello @shaggin Yeah I'm happy they put the pumps back online, hard to live by with out water.
@jobelbojel (7142)
This is not right! No announcement is just poor service.
Hello @jobelbojel yeah, I hold my bath before water could come back.