Don't shop last minute on Valentine's Day!

There was literally nothing left. The 3 aisles full of what were Valentine's Day theme items are literally wiped out on the day of. I was really surprised and tons of shoppers running around trying to complete a gift! I did not go in for Valentine's Day themed items, just some essentials & stocked up on laundry detergent, cleaning supplies and a bag of Lindt White Chocolate Truffles, oh so sweet but delicious (they were from the regular chocolate/candy aisle). Did you do any last minute Valentine's Day Shopping? For dinner we had Italian take out and a heart pizza! Hope you had a good Valentine's Day! Good night!
I do not shop at all for Valentine's Day, we do not exchange gifts. I prepared a nice dinner and a cake and we watched a movie together.
@tiada123 (342)
I didnt celerate at all, busy with chinese New Year preparations.
@tiada123 Tonight I make a Chinese dinner.
@tiada123 (342)
@LadyDuck looking forward, dear
I bought my husband a jacket that he really had his eye on, and he bought me gifts, all way ahead of Valentine's Day. We went to the movies, an Italian restaurant, and a party here at the pool area. Glad you had a nice day, too.
Awww, very sweet of you and of course your husband! He's a charmer :) Glad you had a good day! And I love Italian food., yum!
@tiada123 (342)
Wow, so sweet...
I did not do any Valentine's shopping. Lucky me!
Hehe :) That is a-OK :) Did you try anything new from 99 cent store :)
@nomus24g (24474)
its crazy consumerism...
Yes! :) I don't need anything that says Happy Valentine's Day maybe balloons for $1 at the Dollar Store but I didn't get any
@nomus24g (24474)
@infatuatedbby What's the plan for Sunday?
@nomus24g Don't know yet! It is only Saturday evening. You?!
Mine was done the month before.
Yes you are an early shopper!
@infatuatedbby The beautiful thing for me this year was no christmas shopping I am doing it all June and it will be hand made and every stitch out the dollar tree at all possible.
@sharon6345 that is wonderful :) I like to get my holiday shopping done early also.
@alberello75 (18427)
• Genova, Italy
I am honored that you have eaten Italian food. However, for me, Valentine's Day has no meaning. I've never had a girlfriend in my life. But you know, I'm gay declared. I'm looking for a man!
No need to have a Valentine but can have fun with friends too! or a partner.
@alberello75 (18427)
• Genova, Italy
@infatuatedbby I have no friends: I often go to swimming pools, to see men bare-chested!
@alberello75 maybe you can meet someone at the pool, befriend? :)
@moffittjc (44697)
• Gainesville, Florida
I really dislike the commercialism of the holiday, although there are some pretty nice little Valentines Day gifts that are fun to buy!
Like what
@moffittjc (44697)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby Should I start listing off all the sexy lingerie, skimpy outfits, teddies, underwear, etc. that are nice gifts to buy for Valentines Day? haha
@moffittjc Hahah what about a simple homemade meal? :)
I did go to Target that morning . . . not that I needed any more Valentine stuff, but I thought I'd check it out in case I could find any other fun Valentine stuff. Yep - the aisles were pretty empty - I couldn't believe it! Another lady was saying they should put the remainder crumbs on serious discount now since there was nothing left. I don't know why they were so quick to remove everything - you'd think they'd make some $ from the last minute shoppers! We kept it a low key evening - still a school night .
Haha the evening of Valentine's Day , there was literally crumbs totally. I did hit up 3 targets for 90% :) I didn't get as much but my sister got a lot more. I don't need anything but get stuff for my niece and nephew especially the $1/$3 spot. My sister said she spent $30, so that essentially means she saved $300! Who on earth spends that much before Valentine's Day for Valentine's Day stuff lol! My niece and nephew loves arts & crafts, washi tape & stickers right now :) So much cheaper buying seasonal stuff. My sister is't fond of the St. Patties stuff but Easter stuff she said is Eh she does't need me to run for those lol!
@infatuatedbby Ohhh, that's great savings for your sister! I did end up going to Target a few days later . . . which was weird because they took everything off the shelf, so I thought everything was gone or put away . . . but then all this stuff was on clearance. I made it too late though . . . not much stuff - but that's probably good because I already have too much stuff . I love art and craft stuff too . I like St. Pattties Day, but I don't really buy much for it. Plus some of the green stuff you get on sale after Christmas can be used then . Oh my gosh I have tons of Easter stuff I didn't use from previous years - I seriously need to do a check on what I already have!!
@much2say Oh yes tons of Target stuff were unmarked! So if you follow Instagram posts you'll have an idea of what is on sale or not and the scanner machine makes it extremely useful but you know what? The scanner machines was TURNED off LOL! So that did not help one bit. I have a lot of junk but I sold some things today so I decluttered so I am happy on that. Hehehe. The crafts are useful if you have kids (me nope but I do collect some haha)
@tiada123 (342)
What's gifts you got?
No we didn't really do valentines day just had take out food for dinner
@tiada123 (342)
@infatuatedbby dinner outside? Valentine set?
@tiada123 no take out :) ordered from the restaurant and dine at home did you get a new myLot act?
I had my Kitten as my Valentine, and I went to my toy closet where I keep all toys treats to give him. I got out a ball so no shopping for me. I did go grocery shopping on the Friday after and saw Valentine themed napkins for 42 cents a package, and the display was almost gone! Which led me to think one can't use a plain white napkin or paper towel to wipe their mouths? i don't know the price before the holiday?
Awww very sweet. I am sure your kitten enjoyed the treats you gave him. :) I guess people want the Valentine's theme item, but I am good - I don't need that lol !
@infatuatedbby Yes he did like his gift! He earned them being sweetest kitten ever to live! =) It is silly to buy Valentine's theme items as it is only one day a year unless somebody has money they can afford using money for things not necessary?
@Marty1 Hehhe. I think it's cute for parties or something, but not really necessary. :)
@spiderdust (6899)
• San Jose, California
Apparently the local Whole Foods was out of their roses before noon. It's not surprising, as they had a special price for Amazon Prime members -- $19.99 for two dozen.
Yes the price was pretty good :) And Wholefoods has a nice selection
• San Jose, California
@infatuatedbby They were fair trade flowers too.
@spiderdust That is good maybe they will have the same promotion for more upcoming holidays.
@oahuwriter (3198)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I saw a unicorn stuffed animal that I would like to get the days after Valentine's day sale. I spent my day in the rain waiting for the bus after my blood draw for testing. I decided to get myself tonkastu to treat myself for Valentine's day. It's nice now for the rain stopped and the breezes came back to Oahu.
Glad the rain stopped for you. Hope you were able to get that stuff animal after Valentine's Day for the sale. :)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@infatuatedbby I was going today, Thurs., but did not have time. I will try tomorrow on TGIF! The stuffed animal unicorn is just 2.98, but I wanted to get it for the after Valentines for cheaper. Thanks!
@oahuwriter Oh I hope you get it tomorrow. Have a lovely weekend!
No, while we might go somewhere like a bar sometimes, we really don't celebrate, so no shopping!
I did not go shopping shopping just some errands. :)
@infatuatedbby - Ah. Much easier!
@teamfreak16 Haha yes! How have you been doing?
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I only had to buy a box of cards for my youngest to take to class on Valentine's day, and I got those at the grocery store the night before. This weekend my son went to buy his girlfriend a birthday present and he got her a large bear holding a heart. It was 70% off because it was considered a Valentine's day item, so we got the bear for $6 instead of $20. Awesome!
That's an awesome deal your son scored! I did not both checking any deals at my local store after Valentine's Day. But I did see on IG that I follow some people got good deals after Valentine's Day :)
@infatuatedbby Sometimes it's best to wait a day or two for the deals! I love shopping after holidays, especially after Christmas. I love to stock up on next year's wrapping paper in the days following Christmas!
@katsmeow1213 Yes! I hit up Target for the 90% :) At Walgreens I came late.
• Trinidad And Tobago
When I was younger Valentine shopping would have been there for me. I don't think we have quite the frenzy with shoppers here. I am surprised to see the shelves were cleaned out! To me, chocolate is good enough to remember the occasion. No buying of gifts though. Just a bag of chocolate that is opened and offered to everyone to have one. Our family hardly give any recognition to Valentine Day. It really do not exist or make an impact. Why depressed yourself if there isn't that special someone? Life goes on, unlike what the business will tell you. Too much commercialism.
I don't like commercial holidays for celebrating unless I'm a kid and it's the good moments when we buy cards for everyone in the class. :) But I don't think buying on the day of Valentine's Day (last minute shopping) is any thoughtful either lol.
• Trinidad And Tobago
@infatuatedbby I suppose the camaraderie behind the sharing of cards makes it worthwhile. When I was a student, I indulged a bit. But the gesture was appreciated. I wouldn't shop on Valentine's day either...unless the store is on my way and it wouldn't hurt to browse. These stores are on the roadside in rural areas...so nor traffic. I hate mad shopping spree.
@Gita17112016 I am not a fan of mad shopping sprees or crowds so I avoid as much as possible. I did shop the sales 90% for Valentine's Day though for little crafts and such for my niece / nephew.
Wow the shelves sure are bare there! I did run to town yesterday and bought a lottery ticket, Valentine's Day Card and candy bar.
Did you win from the ticket? :) Yes the shelves sure were bare here!
@infatuatedbby nope be didn't win anything
@shaggin darn next time!
@nitirrbb7 (3610)
No this year I just gifted her a rose and expressed my heart out for her with just three words I LOVE YOU
Aw that is sweet :)
@nitirrbb7 (3610)
@infatuatedbby thank you
@Maria24 (2163)
Lol no I used to buy it in advance
Last minute, there is crappy items left on the shelves, lol
@Maria24 (2163)
@anikoonline (3208)
• Hungary
We don't celebrate Valentine's with my boyfriend, but I saw that people bought many heart shaped stuff and flowers.
I don't really do Valentines either :)
This year we were on the CA-1 road journey during the Valentine's Day. To my surprise, I almost couldn't see something related to the Valentine's Day. I just saw some Valentine balloons in a restaurant and this reminded me it was the Valentine's Day
Not a lot of Valentine's Day decor on the streets or attractions. :)