Shootings and Humanity.

There are days when I feel that we are so far removed from humanity. Days where I feel as if the bad of the world far outweighs the good. Then I hear about a school shooting, and I think that my point has been proven. So many innocent people forever changed by this event. Families who had to say goodbye to their loved ones in the most shocking of circumstances. Then I hear about a teacher who literally threw himself in the line of fire to save his pupils. Who lost his life so that he could save a few that were just starting out. What happened yesterday is horrifying, terrifying, and shakes me to my core. I try not to listen to the news too much because of these types of stories. I spent the last few minutes crying because of the news snippet I heard of that coach who acted as a body shield for his students. Humanity isn't dead, but it's saddening that we have to hear of such selfless acts in the face of such selfish ones.
What happened is horrible, but we still have hero, they are normal people who do their best to save the others.
I agree. I also think more should be done to help teens who are exhibiting signs of depression or mental illness. If I am not mistaken, this guy had graduated already.
@ScribbledAdNauseum It seems everybody thought it would have done something like this. I wonder why nobody tried to intervene before.
@Plethos (9051)
evil crazy people will always do ungodly things.
@mandala100 (31587)
@ScribbledAdNauseum When will this kind of school shooting ever end? It is becoming a vicious pattern my friend and it's really very revolting!
I am not sure when it will end.
@saritflor (1707)
• Israel
OMG I heard today what happened in one school in the USA, it's horrifying these crimes should be stopped somehow.
This young man was a damaged creature for sure. The solution may never be found to keep all safe from those who wish to do harm.
@Courage7 (5032)
Yes there are the insane crazies who have to ruin it all in this world.