Unsettling Doctors Visit

@Dena91 (4256)
This week Mike's dad went to see about some cancer places on his face. The doctor wouldn't touch them as they are too far advanced. He set up an appointment for a much bigger hospital about an hour away from us. He said the roots are deep and very close to his bones. If you remember back in 2015 he had 3 or 4 surgeries for bladder cancer and then decided he wasn't having anything else done with it. Because of those surgeries, being put to sleep that many times, it really sped up his dementia problems in that he no longer speaks much. He was a talky man before then. He has always been an angry man, yelling and contentious spirit but since those operations it is worse. We were told that this is a side affect of being put to sleep. So we know he'll be put asleep again and aren't sure how he'll be once he comes out of surgery. We go Monday for pre-op and biopsies. Then we'll learn when to take him back for surgery. We will be spending the night with him at the hospital when he has the surgery. Pray for his Mom as this is difficult on her. And for him that they can get all the cancer. One place may require plastic surgery as well as just removing the cancer because of how deep it is. Thanks in advance for your prayers.
@Courage7 (6056)
So sad to hear this..so sorry for the man. And you and family. May God heal him from head to toe. Amen.
You have my prayers for his father and mother. I hope they can get it all.
@Dena91 (4256)
thank you we need them and I hope they get all of it as well.
@Dena91 You're welcome. I am praying they do.
@nela13 (7067)
• Portugal
Oh God, I wish all best for your father in law, hope he will be better.
@Dena91 (4256)
thank you
It is very difficult to cope with a person with dementia who has to go through medical procedures. I wish you well with these visits.
@Dena91 (4256)
It certainly is. Thank for well wishes, we need them
So sorry to hear this and will certainly put him and all of you in my prayers.
@Dena91 (4256)
Thank you we need them
Prayers going out that he will pull through okay.
@Dena91 (4256)
thank you we need them
My mom and my dad came out surgery totally disoriented and Mom hallucinated quite a bit, due to the fact that both were elderly. Sending my prayers.
@Dena91 (4256)
Yes, after each bladder cancer surgery in 2015 he came out different. It is frighting to think once again he will have to be put to sleep for another surgery. Thanks for your prayers, we need them.
@1creekgirl (10351)
I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I'll be praying for him and all of you.
@Dena91 (4256)
Thank you, we need them
Sorry to hear that.I think your father's cancer is on it's advance stage because it involves multiple organs.Anesthesia can affect a person's memory if it's general which can put a person to sleep.You can ask the anesthesiologist if the surgery can be done with local or regional anesthesia to prevent side effects to the brain.Maybe you can still try different treatment aside from surgery.
Sending prayers and good thoughts for Mike's dad and family. Can't be easy for any of them with his dad facing surgery
Oh my this is so horrible there.Poor dad Prayers are going out there.How old is the man?