Parentalness

Boise, Idaho
Is that a word? I have been listening to the news about the 17 who were killed in Florida recently. These young people who were just starting out in life and the heroes who chose to put their lives on the line for the kids. One young man was just holding the door for others to get out. I think that these young people who are choosing to kill should have been helped long before they got guns and killed people. Parents need to have an ongoing communication with their kids. They need to actually take some time to nurture the goodness that can be found in all children. Instead some families go days without even speaking to one another. They have their separate lives and go about their robotic- lives as if there is nothing else but them in that building they live in. So self involved and in a routine. If a parent sees that their child is introverted, has weird moods, spends alot of time on odd sites online, not social or have many friends, and they isolate themselves. These are signs this child needs to be seen by a professional. I live with my daughter and grandson. Early on my grandson had behavioral issues. He acted like a spoiled brat and ordering his mother around. He even beat her around her legs with a plastic stick. He was charged with parental abuse and did community service. We got him into see a professional who diagnosed him with ODD(Oppositional Defiant Disorder). He was on medication before he started school. We also saw a family counselor for several years. He is so much better now. I used to be against medication but, I saw the before and after and I am all for it if it is needed.
@nanette64 (17949)
• Fairfield, Texas
I agree with you @celticeagle ; most parents have their heads up their butts and don't have a clue as to what their kids are up too. You guys did the right thing in regards to your grandson.
I so agree. Thanks.
It's a shame what happened to this poor child. But I would hate to judge his parents because I am not perfect so won't dare. I am sure that child might have lived better than a lot of others. If the state kicked in doors it would be a shock to many if cameras were rolling. Judging has got to stop. No matter the hell that might have taken place before this. Anyone can reach a point and snap. Bless that child for if he goes to prison there is no turning back.
Yes, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. He will go to prison. I just wonder what was in his head.
Correct i strongly agree with you. Communication within a family is very important.