The Perks of Being a Wallflower

@JESSY3236 (5851)
I finished listening to The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. There is a movie based on the book. I did watch it. Big Warning: there is some sad parts. Before I begin my summary I should say I thought this was going to be a dumb book, but it's not. I love the book. And I think Charlie has a high functioning autism. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is about a boy named Charlie. He is writing to a friend. (at first I thought it was a diary until he said he mailed the letter) He tells this friend that his best-friend killed himself. Then he tells the friend that his aunt died too. He later says she was in a car wreck and he thinks he was the cause of the wreck because he handed her keys to her and she told him she was getting him another birthday present. Charlie later meets a guy named Patrick and his sister, Sam. Charlie falls for Sam, but she is love with another guy. He learns also that Patrick is gay. Charlie goes with one of their friends, but he is too polite to tell her that he wants to break up. He does break up with her in a bad way. Sam also breaks up with her boyfriend because he was cheating on her. When Sam and Charlie do finally be together, he realizes something that happened to him that changes everything. Like I said I loved this book. Now I'm listening to The Patriot Threat by Steve Berry. It is the 10th book of the Cotton Malone book series.
@1hopefulman (24797)
Something that happened to him that changes everything? What happened?
@1hopefulman (24797)
Don't tell me! I saw that the movie is on Netflix and you made me curious enough that I will watch the movie later. Thanks!
@1hopefulman (24797)
@1hopefulman The movie was great. I had seen it before but a long time ago but had forgotten most of the story.
@bunnybon7 (34930)
• Holiday, Florida
i used to listen to books all the time. but ran into the problem of what to do with all the ones i was done with. lol
@JESSY3236 (5851)
@bunnybon7 I get my audiobooks from Overdrive through the library. Once I get rid of them I delete from my Kindle.
• Preston, England
sounds like a book and film well worth looking out for
Good synopsis. I read this one many years ago and remember it being good.
@maclanis (1508)
• Belgium
I haven't read (or listened to) the book, but I did see the movie. I enjoyed it very much, though I must agree, it has some sad parts.