Forrest Gump Had It Right

@FourWalls (13795)
What's the great quote from the classic film Forrest Gump? "Stupid is as stupid does." Here's a good example. I was catching up on the news, and I came across this headline: HOW TO WATCH THE DAYTONA 500. Oh, I don't know....with a TV? With your eyes? And, honestly, if you need instructions on "how to watch" something, maybe it isn't worth watching. Sheesh. We return you now to our regular program, which you know how to watch.
Drivers will compete in the Daytona 500 on Feb. 18 at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Fla.
Maybe it instructs in how to stay awake and pay attention after 5 hours of cars going in endless circles while waiting for a wreck.
@FourWalls (13795)
Well, this is a sport born from bootlegging,!so of you can watch a still drip corn liquor for five days, what’s five hours of people driving in circles? Maybe NASCAR should be the official sport of the government.....
@spiderdust (6148)
• San Jose, California
Step 1: Turn on your TV. Step 2: Sit down in front of your TV, preferably on a sofa or chair. Step 3: Look at the TV.
@FourWalls (13795)
Precisely.
You forgot. The first step should surely be: Collect coffee and cookies (I don't do popcorn but substitute popcorn if you wish.)
Try explaining how to watch cycling to someone sometime!
@FourWalls (13795)
That, I could see! Especially the Tour de France, where you have someone winning a stage but he’s not the “leader,” the guy with the yellow jersey is.
@FourWalls - Exactly. Technically, you can win the Tour without winning a single stage. It's considered poor form to do so, but it's possible.
That's pretty crazy. They can't have much of an opinion of their audience.
@FourWalls (13795)
To be fair (sorta), they've had this "how to watch...." blurb up for various things (e.g., the Super Bowl, the Grammy awards). Each time it's made me laugh, and I was just in "the right mood" today to say something. I totally concur with both you (people should know "how" to watch something), as well as the detailed instructions that @spiderdust provided.
@FourWalls I made a small suggestiong to @spiderdust. I think there was one important step omitted.
Hmm, never new watching the Daytona 500 required some skill.
@FourWalls (13795)
Being a southerner I hate to say this, but NASCAR is very popular in the south, which may explain things.....
How to watch.Never liked it.
@FourWalls (13795)
So you go the “how to watch it: with the TV off” route, too.....
I have not watched Forest Gump yet but have it on Netflix and will watch it.
This must be directed to the same audience that needs instructions on shampoo bottles
@Srbageldog (8597)
If I need instructions to watch it, then I suppose I'll pass on watching it.
@LeaPea2417 (20471)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I think it is saying that you can stream it on your computer or phone or just watch it on the TV , that is why it says, How To Watch The Daytona 500. I am looking forward to it since I am a NASCAR fan. I will watch it on my TV.
@ivanad (21)
• Barcelona, Spain
I don't know much about Daytona but Forest Gump and that quote love it
I have watched the Formula One here in Europe and I will tell you after awhile the hum of the engines hums in my head, my eyes spin following those cars around and finally I just fall asleep exhausted. Have never watched the Daytona 500.