What a great Cricket ODI series win for India against South Africa

@ptrikha_2 (8311)
So India pulled off another great win- by a margin of 8 wickets. In the final ODI match at Centurion today, India first bowled out South Africa for 204 runs in 46.5 overs. Khaya Zondo's 54 and De Villiers' 30 were not enough for the Proteas as Shardul Thakur took a haul of 4 for 52. Chahal and Bumrah chipped in with 2 wickets each. Then Virat Kohli, who was declared man of the match as well as the man of the series stepped up to score 129 of 96 balls- 19 fours and 2 sixes, aided by Ajinkya Rahane - 34 Not out and India made home in just 32.1 overs. A 5-1 win by an Indian team in South Africa while being first is also one of the few against South Africa overall since 1992 when they rejoined as a test playing country. I recall Indian teams of the past struggling against South African lineups in South Africa that had players like Cronje, Shaun Pollock, Gary Kirsten, Allan Donald, Fanie De Villiers, Graeme Smith, Jonty Rhodes and more. The current South African team seems to be transitioning and injuries to dale Steyn and Morne Morkel did not help. Still, a great win by India, aided to a large part by a lethal pace and spin attack. I hope India will maintain this ODI tempo till next year's world cup in England. Source: Rediff News:
6th ODI: India beat SA by 8 wickets | Rediff Sports News: Cricket | Indian hockey | Tennis | Football | Chess & sports news
• Cuddalore, India
Yes
@garymarsh6 (14134)
You are clearly a cricket fan!
@ptrikha_2 (8311)
@garymarsh6 I was much more madder about cricket in 1990s and till early 2000s. Yet excess of cricket has reduced my interest to some extent. But I still follow major events.
@gautaam (126)
• Mumbai, India
Hope the form continues, although im not getting time to watch the matches nowadays.
@ptrikha_2 (8311)
@gautaam I hope so too.
So good to hear that India did so well!!
@ptrikha_2 (8311)
Thanks @corbin5