Oh goody goody gum drops

Ally cooling off in her pond ... I need a bigger one I took this shot a couple years ago
El Paso, Texas
Yepper, I izzzz so dadblasted happy. It has been raining which this desert of Mine really needed. Now I am simply hoping my little Harvey (or Harvina if it's a she) won't drown cuz of it. Soo, how's it going in your neck of the woods? That's my sweet lil Ally, she was really hot that day and the water helped cool her off a little, I don't remember the exact year I took this shot.
I love this post just because of the photo Who is Harvey/Harvina? Expecting snow here tomorrow
My lil tree, I bought a small stone pine as my Christmas tree and just planted it on the 9th so now I'm worried it'll get too much rain which would drown it. I love giving things names, trouble is I don't know if that tree is a boy or girl.
Oh okay I must not have read about that.
I didn't mention I'd named my tree @shaggin I just wanted to see if anyone would be curious enough to ask, and you were.
So happy that we are having some rain.
As long as it doesn't turn icy, right?
@Plethos (10313)
lol nice picture. over here the little kiddie pools sell quite well, and its just for the outdoor dogs and pets not the kids.
I used to buy those all the time but out here they get so dry and brittle that they don't last very long but I still have that black tub in the picture, that thing is worth the $20 I originally paid for it in 2011
@Plethos (10313)
@rebelann - same situation here, thats why they sell all the time. unless you can find and afford a huge galvanized wash tub.
There's a place up the road that sells bath tubs and boy would I love to get my hands on one but they're too expensive for my wallet @Plethos
Lucky you guys!! We were supposed to have "rain" at the beginning of the week - phooey, they lied! We got some extremely short droplets at best. We've been warm-ish but they forecast high 60s for the next couple weeks. How does Ally take to rain?
Yeah, I do feel lucky. I hope your end of the states finally gets some rain .... ok, like a slow drizzle for a few days so there won't be anymore mud slides. Ally is a priss pot, she sticks her nose out the door and if it's too cold or raining she won't go out unless I do, at least she'll follow me if I do.
@rebelann We are back to bone dry it seems . . . not enough water coming from the sky to even create a water slide!!! Awww, Ally is waiting for warmer days .
I'm surprised @much2say we got rain yesterday and so far this morning it's been cloudy but I think that might change, I hope.
I hope your little Harvey (or Harvina) will appreciate the rain. Nobody likes the rain, but it's a necessity.
I love rain but not so much that it could drown Harvey\harvina
@rebelann I love rain in summer, when the temperature is high. It cools down the air, is beautiful.
So do I @LadyDuck at least in summer the sun helps excess water evaporate ..... hopefully it will be warm today.
@sallypup (27071)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Cutie patootie pup. Wind gusts today but the morning commute was easy. Blue sky with stupid threats of snow coming the day I want to drive cross county to a play. The poop heads!!
Thank you, I think she is too Oh poopy farts, I hope it's warm and lightly balmy until you're back home.
@sallypup (27071)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann Thanks for the chuckle. I know, I know. I started it: poop heads and poopy farts. Ha ha.....
I knew I could get a giggle outta ya @sallypup
Ally, is a very nice looking dog. Glad you got rain you needed.
Thank you, I'm glad you think so. I was laughing at her tongue because it hangs out so far, it was a really hot day above 100 degrees.
@rebelann Does she find a cool place besides the pool to lie down when it is very hot out for her?
There are no cool spots for either of us except in cool water @Hannihar she usually stays in the house with me unless it's cooler for her to be outdoors.
I remember that photo! Great way to cool off. It's been 80 for 10 days and 68-73 at night and sunny. No end in sight and I'm not complaining!!!!
Nice weather there. It's been cooler than I'd like here but at least we haven't had any freezing weather, I pray we don't get a freak icy day, it's happened in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. As long as Harveyina (yeah, I figured I'd cover the whole male female thing) will be able to handle it if it happens.
@rebelann Lol! I hope Harveyina thrives in whatever weather you have.
Thank you from both of us @DianneN All living things deserve names but I'm not going to try to name the blades of grass or the weeds.
@nela13 (6876)
• Portugal
She went to the water by herself? It was for sure really hot.
Yes, when it's really hot all my dogs have enjoyed walking in pools of water.
@nela13 (6876)
• Portugal
@rebelann even in summer It is difficult convence my dog to do that
You have a small dog, correct @nela13 ?
Ally sure does look like she enjoys that tub filled with water. It is full sunshine and 37F here, which is not bad at all.
That's way too cold for me. It's 56 here and I'm cold, watts that tell ya
@rebelann You need warm, my friend. My husband is the same way. I am always too hot.
Oh that's right @Corbin5 you'd be happy in a refrigerator
A good looking dog. Cooling off.
Thank you, I think shes good looking too but then I am biased
@Icydoll (19275)
That's very nice shot of lil ally
Thank you. I'm glad you like it.