Different Kinds of Umbrellas

Daytona Beach, Florida
Perhaps you never really thought about the type of umbrella you are used to carrying. You’re glad when the day is sunny and when it rains you grab your favorite umbrella and head out the door. You have the color you like and the style you prefer. Well, there are some interesting things to know about umbrellas. In the 20th century, some of the most important inventions came about concerning umbrellas. In 1928 the foldable umbrella made its appearance created by Hans Haupt. As time went by umbrellas even found themselves copied and used as cocktail decorations. Now, who at one time hasn’t enjoyed one of those special cocktails with the tiny umbrella attached? Of course, the basic practicality of an umbrella is to keep the rain off of you. Types of umbrellas: • There is the classic or I would say the basic design which you simply open up and close through an easy mechanism. However, I will say that there have been times I’ve wanted to bash the classic umbrella, especially when the wind has blown it inside out and I have to just toss it away and when my finger has got caught up in the mechanism – ouch! • Then there is the automatic umbrella which I was glad to see come on the scene. This is the one which you can open and close using only one hand and simply pushing a button. Also, they are small and compact and easy to fit into purses or briefcases. However, my dear grandma hated this kind with a passion. Whenever she pushed that button and the umbrella popped open she got such a start that she jumped and dropped the umbrella at which point the wind usually started moving it along and she had to run after it. • Small, lightweight, and portable measuring only up to 9 inches long is the pocket umbrella. However, you don’t want to use this in heavy rain. Another minus is that it’s so small I have forgotten one or two on a bus or train simply because I put it beside me and being so small I forget about it and left without it. • This one brings back memories and is still available today. It’s the ever practical bubble umbrella made of transparent material so you can see where you are going in the rain. Some complaints are that with one of my bubble umbrellas as the rain streamed down I sure wished that I had windshield wipers attached to it and the other is that I’ve tried to share with a friend and there is just not enough room under the dome. • Finally the high wind or storm umbrellas. I never had one so I don’t know about the advantages. However, it is made from reinforced materials which can stand up to very extreme rain conditions and wind speeds. Brands such as GustBuster say that the umbrellas can stand up to winds blowing at 55 MPH. What kind of umbrella do you have and what color is it? Is there anyone who doesn’t have an umbrella?
Just found this video:
Find out what makes a GustBuster Umbrella better than any other umbrella out there! Visit GustBuster.com for more info!
Thank for sharing @marlina
@RasmaSandra You are very welcome
Interesting. I have 2 umbrellas, one is green plaid and the other one is beige and much bigger.
I don't have an umbrella!
It never rains in southern California @JohnRoberts
I have a small ine, but it is not pocket sized. It is more compact. I carry it when i go out alone as i don't want to be caught in a rain storm when i go by bus someplace?
I have an automatic umbrella. It does come in handy due to less of a struggle opening it.
I used to carry an umbrella with me when I worked and basically used the automatic as it was just so easy. I had to laugh at your grandma getting startled when she opened one. They do cause one to jump lol I always liked red umbrellas