I have warned them ...The house will stink of onions !

United Kingdom
Saturday night is treat night. Whilst we eat fairly healthily during the week we do enjoy something maybe a bit naughty on a weekend. Maybe pizza or a Chinese....however this evening ...we shall be having ...HOTDOGS. A favourite of my Dads and he has asked for them especially. I know I have said before about how I make the sausages into burger shapes and we have them on round baps....but it is the onions that cause the stink.... We have yet to find a way of cooking onions without getting a onion stinking house ....an suggestions ... Anyway, that is tonights treat ... with a bottle of red wine to go with them....yummy !
@Spontaneo (1662)
I'm different... I like the smell of sauteed onions...
There is no way to cook onions without getting a onion stinking house. During summer, I cook the onions outside.
Luckily I don't mind the smelling of onions cooking.
I don't mind or even noticed whilst I am cooking them ...its afterwards ....the smell just lingers ...
Well, I do know that bowls of vinegar placed around the house will soak up nasty odors in the home. Learned that when our dog was sprayed by a skunk.
lol ...what a great way to find that out....I will try it next time I cook onions.
@Plethos (10890)
The stink is what lets you know how good the onions are.
Oh, I have no idea they would stink the house that bad. I don't cook.