Do You Keep Your Phone On Silent Mode Most Of The Time?

@kavinitu (4563)
I can understand that at times you keep you phone on silent for obvious reasons, but most of the time that's not acceptable. Anytime I call up my sister she never picks up at the first ring, that really gets me irritated At times I have urgently to talk to her and what her phone is on silent Same with my younger brother, my mother does not have a cellphone so when I want to talk to her need to call my brother I have told them a thousand times what if there is an emergency, but its of no use Image Credit:- Pixabay.
@m_audrey6788 (13844)
Oh! I`m the same like your sister I don`t really like having mobile because I can`t answer all phone calls especially when I shower or cooking something
@kavinitu (4563)
I can understand while having shower but while cooking you can putting it on speaker phone
@kavinitu You´re right but I don´t want my mobile to smell like the food I`m cooking
@kavinitu (4563)
@m_audrey6788 Yeah that could be the case if you pick it up with messed up hands
• Cuddalore, India
Only at the night time.
@kavinitu (4563)
That is acceptable, do you have landline?
• Cuddalore, India
@kavinitu yes ofcourse
I keep mine on mute even though only my sister knows the number as i would get telemarketers in middle of the night calling from Hawaii! I am not waking up at midnight to answer a call about which I could care less. I only do landline phones, and one can call me on there if there is an emergency though nobody calls me unless my sister hits my number by accident and realizes it and just has it ring once and then will email me it was a mistake. that was more common in the past but she doesn't do that anymore
@kavinitu (4563)
That's really frustrating getting calls from telemarketer's and to at midnight. You haven't given your number to anyone else except for your sister? You must be unmute the cellphone when you are outdoors right?
@kavinitu no as i only plan to call if i have an emergency and nobody but telemarketers would call me as my sister knows i keep it on mute. also, I have to figure out how to make a call on it
@kavinitu (4563)
@Marty1 Ain't there any way you could get rid of those telemarketing calls contacting your service provider?
I just leave it on vibrate all the time. However, I do not have my phone with me when I sleep at night because we also have landline phones in case of emergency.
@kavinitu (4563)
I agree cellphone should be away while in bed, but when outdoors do you keep the phone on ring?
@kavinitu Yes, when I am outside, I do keep it on ring. My dad, age 97, is just a few minutes from my home and my sister's home. We need have our phones on just in case of an emergency with Dad. We have other family here too, so it is always good to be alerted by phone if they need us.
@kavinitu (4563)
@Corbin5 That's nice of you do so, I wish dad's health is always nice and you never have to face any emergency. And same with everyone else in the family I know its always a worry but still I pray for your dad and family
@aureliah (14981)
It also gets me irritated trying to reach someone and they are not picking up
@kavinitu (4563)
I often wonder why do these people keep a cellphone if they can't answer it
@aureliah (14981)
@kavinitu I tell you its irritating
I keep my phone in silent mode every time it would be unacceptable to disturb people.
@kavinitu (4563)
You must be keeping it in such a way that you will come to know that there is a call for you.
@prashu228 (25820)
Mine is always on silent mode but on vibration
@kavinitu (4563)
That would be draining your battery fast and what if it's not in your pocket or a place where you can't hear the vibration and someone really needs to reach you urgently?
@Teekaaa (5639)
No.. only in the night time b'coz if notifications comes it will be disturbance for everyone! Other times, general only!
@kavinitu (4563)
Yeah that is acceptable at night it could be pretty irritating getting unwanted notifications
@nomus24g (22255)
only during meeting...
@kavinitu (4563)
That is acceptable
@nomus24g (22255)
@kavinitu then what is unacceptable :)
@kavinitu (4563)
@nomus24g In regular hours keeping it on silent is not acceptable
@Icydoll (14949)
Yeah always silent mode .always my friends scolds me for that reason.its waste of calling me and its waste that I have a phone .even though I don't change
@kavinitu (4563)
I hope they stop scolding you and beat you up with your own phone because of your habit I am sure you won't change though
@Icydoll (14949)
@kavinitu yeah but you know I rarely get phone calls and most of the time i keep browsing on mobile .so less chances of missing phone calls :).
@kavinitu (4563)
@Icydoll I was kidding dear I know you are smart and wont miss any calls
i dont put it to silent mode i should hear it
@kavinitu (4563)
Nice of you not to silent your phone, you never know who needs you in an emergency.
@kavinitu of course
@sjvg1976 (18379)
I hate people who give this excuse of not picking the phone. I never keep my phone on silent mode except when I am in meeting.
@kavinitu (4563)
Yeah its really frustrating when people say I am sorry it was on silent I also put it on silent when in meeting but without fail remove it
@FourWalls (13339)
I usually have it on while I’m away from home. When I go home and take my nap, I put it on “do not disturb” mode. Having said that, there are people I’ve listed as “favorites” who can circumvent the “do not disturb” feature and reach me any time of the day or night. My brother called me at 3:30 a.m. to tell me about our dad, but if someone else had called at that time my phone wouldn’t have buzzed. The bad thing about that is a lot of people think that “everyone” has that feature and will send a text or make a call at 2 AM so the receiver will get it “first thing in the morning”....and instead of going to voice mail, it wakes them up.
@kavinitu (4563)
Really nice of you to do so making a list of favorites only calls from them can be received Not many have that have the feature, mostly it's only in iPhone.
• Nigeria
Not most of the time!
@kavinitu (4563)
Nice of you to do so
I mostly leave the ringtone on.
@kavinitu (4563)
Nice of you to do that you never know who wants to reach you urgently.
As long as my child lives any phone I have will always be on. No matter the time or day. no way.
@kavinitu (4563)
That's really nice even my husband thinks the same way as you he never has his phone on silent specially when I or anyone in the family is outdoor.
• Russian Federation
haha, I always have it in the vibration mode although I have a very cool song for income calls. My phone is always near me and I can hear it, but sometimes I do not want to reply some calls
@kavinitu (4563)
Always on vibration must be draining much of your battery, it's nice you have it close or in a place where you can see that the screen is blinking. I can understand that not all calls are which we want to receive.
I never cut my phone on rung unless I am expecting a call. I refuse to let the phone rule me and my day.
@kavinitu (4563)
Good, but what if it's an unexpected emergency?
@mohit459 (11778)
• Haldwani, India
Ya I keep it on silent mode....all the time...I rarely for an hour keep it on general...
@kavinitu (4563)
Don't you miss any of the calls because of that?
@mohit459 (11778)
• Haldwani, India
@kavinitu all calls I miss.... But still I prefer to have my cellphone on silent mode.. I always get scolded from papa and especially my siz that I don't pick her call.. And one of my friend too scold as I don't pick the call when they do I have to call back most of the time
@kavinitu (4563)
@mohit459 Mohit one day she will thrash you because of not picking up the phone And I am sure now also your phone will be on silent
@kavinitu kavita, I turn my phone off to save on my battery and tell people to call my home phone and leave a message.
@kavinitu (4563)
That's good that you have an landline to be reached incase your cellphone is switched off.
@kavinitu Kavita, thank you. I think it makes sense but others think if you have a cell phone you should keep it on all the time. Not me. I am not aiddicted to it like others are. I am glad I have it. You never know when you will need it.
@kavinitu (4563)
@Hannihar That is also true there are some disadvantages but it can also be a lifesaver at the last moment.