Stressed? Anxious? Research Says This Is the Song for You!

Research conducted by Mindlab International has found the one song that will produce a pronounced state of relaxation in humans. That song, according to Dr. David Lewis-Hodgson, is "Weightless" by Macaroni Union. If you are one who struggles with anxiety or if you are a person who has had more stress than you wish to handle, listening to "Weightless" will result in your anxiety being reduced by 65%. Those who listen to the song "Weightless" experience a reduction in blood pressure. Cortisol, a hormone released during stress, and an uncomfortable hormone it happens to be, is lowered when one listens to "Weightless." A human's heart rate is slowed when "Weightless" is the song of choice. The song "Weightless" can make a person drowsy, so it is recommended that one not listen to "Weightless" while driving.
Buy the album Weightless (Ambient Transmissions Vol 2): + iTunes: http://found.ee/WeightlessAlbum + Just Music Store http://found.ee/I3Rql + The Ambient Zone...
@garymarsh6 (13647)
Some find this music really quite helpful in reducing their stress. There is an organisation the plays music in hospitals around the London area. A lady who came with a harp one day told me that there was a similar effect when people listened to music played on the harp. It slowed the heart beat down, reduced blood pressure and reduced stress and anxiety too..
My dad, soon to be age 97, is in a nursing home 3 minutes from my house, and 3 minutes from my sister's house. Music is a big part of his life at the nursing home, a lovely nursing home that allows Sis and me to check on Dad every day. My dad studied voice in New York, and he played Escamillo in the opera Carmen. Music made Dad's life a wonderful one, and it still does, thanks to so many who come to perform for the residents. The funny thing is, my siblings and I dislike opera with a passion due to Dad's constant practice. His booming voice woke us in the mornings. We all love rock n' roll. Poor Dad.
@garymarsh6 (13647)
@Corbin5 Nooooo Arr I love it. I love all kinds of music except Jazz. Funnily enough one patient I knew who had had a stroke could not talk at all he just could not form words at all to speak but when music came on he sang the words word perfect. The mind and body certainly works in mysterious ways!
@garymarsh6 I dislike jazz more than opera. My brother, at age 3, would walk behind my dad and sing whatever Dad was practicing for the opera Pagliacci. My brother became a master guitarist and traveled all over the country performing. My sister has a beautiful voice and plays the piano. I cannot carry a tune, according to my father. He is right.
@FourWalls (13354)
Macaroni Union? Sounds cheesy. Seriously, I’ll give it a listen this evening.
The study is interesting. I gave it a listen. Quite soothing.
Sure to both stir your soul and calm your nervous system.
Marconi Union never heard of.
Me neither. The song is lovely.
@Corbin5 yes it is.How did you come across this?
@amadeo l love to do research on mental health, due to my leading a group for those who suffer from nervous illnesses, My research led me to this song. I do help others learn how to use cognitive therapy to help them lead better lives, and researching helps me do a better job. I am a group leader for Recovery, International.
@dgobucks226 (11600)
I will see if it works. Although I prefer listening to some mellow Moody Blues to relieve my stress
I listen to the oldies to reduce stress. I do love the Moody Blues!
@dgobucks226 (11600)
@Corbin5 Yes, some upbeat 60's music can really help one's mood! Music definitely affects mine in a positive way
@TheHorse After visiting my dad age 97, who asks the same question 100 times over a 2-hour period, I crank up Queen or AC/DC on the way home. This week it was, "Who has the keys to my car?"
most interestin'. i didn't find much listenin' to this? listened to several'n fact. perhaps 't least the one that's 'pposed to remove bad energy'll work. i book marked such jest to see. big hugs!
Big hugs to you too! It is a song can soothe some of us. Worth a try.
@Corbin5 i tend to turn to nature 'n her wonders fer such. some 'f that music they'd be toutin' does such wonders grabs me'n the back 'f my neck, lol. high pitched sounds, e'en 't low volume, tend to do such.
@crazyhorseladycx I have sort of quarantined myself to avoid the flu due to having an autoimmune disorder. For me, this flu would be a disaster. I take walks in the parks, no humans around in winter, with Molly and delight in nature with just Molly as my buddy. What a calming force nature is for me, and for you too.
• Riga, Latvia
I have been feeling stressed out. I will give this a listen to and see if it works. Thanks for sharing.
I am one who is stressed out more often than not, so I thought I should give it a try.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 It did do something and I was able to sleep a bit better last night so thank you for that as well.
I am putting it on right now
I gave it a try. It really is lovely.
The one thin I noticed was I could breath like something like a sigh or relief. I am going to put it on my tv. I took two long inhales which is not normal and that was the third one. I am not sure what else it's still on. Thank you that was a forth one. I am now leaning back in this darn chair. Holy cow I better turn this off. I might slesp oh lord I am yawning now. oh no. um no.
@sharon6345 my back feel like the lower half is seeping into the chair. like it's getting comfy. oh this is awesome. I feel crazy right now typing like this. oh I am putting this on the tv. I will subscribe. thank you.
thank you so much for the help of seeing this video!
Reading the information from the study was quite interesting.
@Corbin5 It does sound interesting that such a song could help so many people and be just a song and video on youtube.
@Marty1 I think so too. Here is more information:
@Courage7 (5698)
It is nice Deborah. I have tried listening to all these types of tones and it soothes for a good amount of time. Thanks
Yes, it is a song that calms.
@Courage7 (5698)
@Corbin5 Thanks again
@bunnybon7 (35928)
• Holiday, Florida
that would do it. if nothing more you would get bored or in a trance. lol
Sometimes being in a trance is a pretty good thing.
@sheetalnr (590)
I have heard this song and it does help relax and stay calm.
I am so happy to know that. Thanks for telling me.
I am gonna have to check this one out!
It is very calming.
• Pamplona, Spain
It does sound kind of relaxing yes. I have managed to calm down a bit also thank you for this one.
Oh, I am glad the song helped a bit.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Corbin5 I am going to listen to it a second time as I was too upset the first time and see what happens too. Thanks again.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Here is more information regarding the study: I am one who is easily stressed, due to my genetic makeup, so I thought perhaps the song may help some of us.
Thanks Deborah and I will listen to it out of curiosity.
It is quite soothing.
@Corbin5 Glad of that Deborah.
@KristenH (23763)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I never heard of the group or the song. But this is real interesting to know.
It was new to me too. Worth a try. I do have a tendency to be wound a bit too tight.
@KristenH (23763)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Corbin5 I can't blame you for trying out something new.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'd think it would vary person to person. I found myself getting restless while listening to this.
You are a delightful odd duck!!!
@kepweng (13512)
thanks for Suggestion
You are welcome.
I will have to check this out. I could definitely use all the help I can get with anxiety and stress reduction!
Me too!!! I am always wound way too tight.
@nanette64 (17509)
• Fairfield, Texas
See? I knew there were ET's out there @Corbin5 .
Yes, you were right!!
@mydanods (6761)
• Nigeria
I'll download it and listen to it. Soonest.
It does seem like a song that calms.