Operation Paperback

Has anyone heard of this program? It is a nonprofit where you can sign up and send books to soldiers who are deployed. You can send specific genres or specific books that soldiers request. I believe this is only a US program. And being in the US you can send packages flat rate or media mail to APO/military addresses at the same cost as domestic which is awesome. I am disappointed I had never heard of this earlier. I have been an active member of Adopt a Soldier for years and years where you send letters and care packages out to deployed soldiers. One of mycoworkers who also recently wrote a fiction book found this program and he is sending out copies of his own book to soldiers. Kind of a cool idea to get your book circulated. I usually buy books from thrift stores and promptly donate them. I end up donating a lot of books so I dont see why I shouldnt pass them on. Have you heard of this? Would you ever consider doing something like this?
That is a really nice idea. I wish there was drop off locations instead of having to mail them ourselves though.
Exactly. Mailing things even through the cheapest option is still expensive.
That sounds like someone I could enjoy minus the big package.
Yes! I do like customizing care packages too though!
@maezee That is very good I am slowing down on mine. I need a bill paid off. good lord I wish I could knock it out in one month. darn it.
@aureliah (16150)
Soldiers deserve the best. I haven’t heard of the program though
I agree.
I have not heard of this either. I would definitely consider doing this. Like you, I purchase paperbacks from thrift stores, so donating them to the troops would be a wonderful thing to do.
Yes! Once I get back into the swing of life Ill give it a go and let you know how it goes!
It sounds like a wonderful program. No, I haven't heard of it.
Thanks! Me neither until now!
@Plethos (10315)
This a good cause. I bet theres a list somewhere with programs that ask for donations to the soldiers.
Quite a few programs out there. I am a member of Adopt a Soldier and thats a good one.
I think donating books to soldiers is a wonderful idea
Me too! Especially with how much I read at least. Would be nice to do something productive with the extra books.
@Spontaneo (1314)
In the past, I participated in the Overseas Coupon Program. However, I had to stop as I could not afford the postage. I definitely have books to share, but again, would not be able to afford the postage. I live on a tight budget. Thank you for sharing though...
I hear you. Maybe later on in life.
Sounds like a very good program.
I thought so too! Hope youre having a good week.
@youzhong (77)
• Nikiski, Alaska
It's a good show. I think I should see it.