Eight year old child saves the life of a fellow student from choking
Lake Charles, Louisiana
February 17, 2018 6:30pm CST
A good story from Fresno California that I doubt made news outside of the area happened on valentine's Day at Saint Anthony's School when eight year old child Andrew Ramirez played the role of a hero by saving his classmate Makayla Annis from choking to death after she ate a gummy bear candy. Andrew credits his father Doctor Rene Ramirez who works at a hospital in Fresno California to teach him the Heimlich maneuver to save the lives of Makayla on Valentine's Day. Andrew is now being called a young Doogie Howser for his actions to save the life of a fellow student.
5 people like this
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is wonderful to read about, a young boy saving the life of a choking classmate:) The Heimlich Maneuver has been used to save many victims of this kind of blocked airway. My father saved my mother's life once, doing the exact same thing. He had taken a training class at our local hospital, just weeks before this happened!