Lots of freebies while shopping today

I had such an awesome shopping day. It was supposed to snow so we left earlier then we usually do to try to beat the storm. Our first stop was McDonalds for lunch. I had Valentine’s Day coupons so I got both my kids a free chocolate milk. I saw on my app that since I had (over the past 6 months) bought 5 items from the mccafe menu I was able to get any size free. I chose a large Caramel Frappe. Second stop was Aldi’s and nothing special about that. Since @Sharon6345 and @JohnRoberts are always finding great stuff at the Dollar Tree we decided to stop there to look around. Wound up buying 5 things but really nothing worth shopping there for :( Our next stop was Walmart for lots more groceries. I got 25 shopkick points for walking in. Was scanning items on the shopkick app when I happened to be in the aisles by those items. In the yogurt section I was scanning an item and a guy said “Shopkicks?” and I said yes and told him I had just downloaded the app and wondered if it really works. He said yes that he’s earned over $200 worth of rewards from it and they send it right to the phone. Wanted to make sure @Tina30219 sees this! I earned 240 shopkick points today. They had a display set up and were giving out samples of two chobani products and giving out coupons for a free one. The best sale I found today was CoverGirl Mascara on clearance for $2. I used my $50 and $25 gift cards I got from the online sites I wrote about cashing out at last week. Using that I bought everything in the photo for only $15! Before driving home we stopped back to McDonald’s to use two more of the coupons for a free chocolate milk and free ice cream cone.
Oh lord how do I use that kick thing with my free phone? can i scan dollartree stuff? I am so happy to see this. and good job.
Do you have unlimited data on your phone?
@shaggin I am sure you know I never saw this. yes wifi only.
@sharon6345 I didn’t notice you hadn’t responded back until now. You could use shopkick with WiFi if the Walmart you go to has free guest wifi. I know dollar tree isn’t on the list of stores you can earn kicks at.
It sounds like it was a great day and now you can just sit back and laugh at the snow.
Today is a semi formal dance at the school and it's snowing and the roads aren't good. I feel bad for the parent having to go out on the roads to pick up their kids. I'm glad to be inside where it's warm. I've showered and am ready for bed soon.
I love me some coupons! And free? is the best! Way to go!
I hate shopping but did so well today with free things that it made my day
@Tina30219 (37703)
• Onaway, Michigan
Thanks for letting me know this works will definitely be looking into this app . Glad you got such great deals and your freebies. I am sure the kids had fun as well. I like when stores are giving out samples with coupons to go along with them. You did good for all you got and only paid $15 after your giftcards.
Since that app has such bad reviews I will make sure to try to cash out for rewards as soon as I can instead of letting them build up to get to a bigger reward. I have to look and see how many points I need for a reward.
@Tina30219 (37703)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Right I have a friend that hoards her points and lets them build up. I told her she needs to cashout out because you never know when the site might close down.
Sharon here taught me why I need to take the earliest cashouts! I've been burned by to many sites I've learned my lesson.
@FayeHazel (22116)
Wow, that is a really productive day with plenty of savings
It was a good day thanks
Those are great deals that you got! Good for you!
I'm a happy shopper tonight
Wow now that was a really fun day for shopping!
It was great I'm happy.
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'd love to be your kids. All that tasty sugar. I'd have fun at your house.
I wish they ate healthier but we all have a bad sweet tooth in this house.
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin I have a bad sweet tooth, too. I miss my buttercream frosting. I crave that stuff. I know how to make the good stuff. Boo hoo for me.
I do not like buttercream frosting at all. I love cream cheese frosting the best but that only goes well on some things. Peanut butter frosting is yummy as well.
Wow, you did really well! Good for you.
Thank you I was so excited about it I had to write about it somewhere
@shaggin MyLot is good for sharing news like that isn't it? It mightn't excite any of your family and friends but it's okay to share it here.
Probably won't excite anyone here either but me ha ha but I still write it anyway
Sounds like an awesome trip you had!! :) I don't do shopkicks but glad it works for you. For some reason it always never loads for me.
I have heard a lot of bad reviews online about Shopkick so I won't put much effort in and will cash out as soon as I reach a reward instead of letting it build up. Still waiting on the $3.50 credit on Inboxdollars for downloading it and doing my first kick. I will have to email them as its been over 2 weeks.
@shaggin I hope it works out for you! I like to cash out when I can instead of building up too for all apps/sites I use because I am afraid of the site going out of business & all the effort we put in to it!
I've been burned by many sites I've learned my lesson now to cash out as soon as possible.
@cttolledo (5047)
Wow nice shopping day! I hope we have that same freebies also in the philippines.
Do you have Walmart there?
@cttolledo (5047)
@shaggin I've heard that many times but I think we don't have it here.
Ahh then you won't be able to get the free samples I did anyway. They usually only do them for a half hour or so on certain days to introduce new products.
don't reckon i've e'er heard 'f this app? don't reckon such matters coz my phone 'tis ferbidden to connect to the net 'n i don't shop anymore anyhow. great ya got'cha some deals.
I just downloaded the app recently for $3.50 from Inboxdollars which I'm still waiting on. I've heard a lot of bad reviews so I was glad to run into another guy doing kicks who said he's earned well from them.
@shaggin i fear i've no faith'n any 'f those programs, particularly when they want'cha to pay fer such? i hope ya don't get burned, hon.
No what I mean is from signing up for Shopkick on the Inboxdollars site I will earn $3.50 for doing that. I contacted Inboxdollars tonight about it not crediting yet.
Definitely great deal at mc.ds and walmart
The coupon booklets were $1 and you get 12 coupons for free things. Seeing they are good until May I wish I had bought another booklet. The free caramel frappe was the best thing all day yummy
@shaggin ours dont have those coupons
They are kids Valentine's booklets. I can't use them for myself only the kids. Some around here sell them for $1 some for $2.
So happy and proud of you! Thode McDonald's coupons sound great. I don't go there that often to it to have seen the coupons but wish I had! But only pay for fast food if I have a coupon for it! I do get coupons in the mail but not very many Mcdonald's ones, Mostly from Arby's and once in awhile from Burger King.
The coupons were in a Valentine's Day booklet. They are only for kids though. I don't get the newspaper so I never get the coupon inserts.
@shaggin Oh, i thought these were for anybody who bought them. I get the fast food coupons and sometimes other coupons by mail as i do not get the newspaper anymore myself as i had so many newspapers I did not read so could not justify the cost anymore. The coupons come in the mail in an insert of fliers of grocery store sales for the area.
They've being generous, maybe the should be knowing the prices over there are very high.
McDonalds prices are pretty low and Walmart has very low prices as well but I guess the prices in general here are more then where you are. I've heard on here Canada is much more expensive.
@shaggin almost two dollars I could buy a full happy meal and ten for a bucket at least.
Happy meals are more costly we don't buy them. We eat off the $1 menu.
@dgobucks226 (14868)
You were on a shopping mission that day! Always great to have coupons!
Coupons for free things is the best!
@dgobucks226 (14868)
@shaggin I second that statement!
That is awesome! You certainly did well!
I wish every shopping trip was like this
@shaggin I'm sure!!! Can you imagine???
@Butchcass4 (6016)
Thats awesome that you made out so well. I don't have an iphone so I can't download that app you used. Good for you though with all you saved. It's no doubt a blessing from God.
I always had really junky phones for years. This is the first nice quality phone I have owned. I got so lucky finding it online at Walmart for $99.
@shaggin Well go for you! I'm so glad you made out well. Do you know Jesus as your Savior?
@nife2018 (1152)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Waoooow, this is my first time hearing this, it amazing for sure, I hope Nigeria can make use of this, I want my little brothers and sisters her to have fun to expecially my church kids,
I don't think any of these are available there
@nife2018 (1152)
• Lagos, Nigeria
@shaggin so painful
I love days like that! Well, I guess I will give Shopkick another opportunity..Sooner or later, I guess I will get some kicks!
I am giving in a try but have heard a lot of bad reviews online so we will see how this goes. I'm not expecting much.
@shaggin It defintely sounds like it was working for that guy!