This Is the Environment I Love

Doce Robles Vineyard on a Cloudy Afternoon
@bagarad (12331)
Paso Robles, California
I feel very fortunate to live close to wine country and have a home base in the middle of it. Every one of the winery vineyards has its own character and atmosphere, and most of them are very peaceful and beautiful. This one, however, is my favorite one for photographing the sky. The Doce Robles Winery is on a hill that overlooks all the wineries and vineyards around it. There is a clear view of the sky all the way around in every direction. It's my favorite place to capture sunsets because I can always include an oak tree like this one. On this particular day, the clouds were spectacular. I had to come long before sunset because I needed to be home by then. In spite of that, I think I got some good shots of the sky. What do you think? Do you have a special place where you like to photograph the sky or some other subject?
@Icydoll (22590)
Awesome photography my friend..with clear view of sky.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Thank you. That clear view of the sky is one reason I love this place so much.
That is certainly a lovely photo and I love the inclusion of the tree. Mostly if we want spectacular sunset photos we drive to the coast and take photos toward the west.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
I have to watch every mile I drive now. Gas prices are skyrocketing. Our politicians want us out of our cars.
@bagarad Fuel is quite expensive here too but being without a car isn't an option for us. The one we have now is much more economical than our last one.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
@JudyEv It's not an option for us, either, since we do not have decent public transportation. Our politicians all live in cities where mass transit may be practical, so they think everyone should take it. They want us to move out of the rural areas so they can force us all into cities so we can use mass transit that doesn't exist yet.
@dodoazo (20306)
Yes, I go to farm, to seashore, to the mountains. We have so many places to visit to commune with thr nature.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
You are fortunate to have so much nature close to you. I feel sorry for those in cities who don't get to see much of nature most days.
@dodoazo (20306)
@bagarad Thanks for that. We have so many good scenic views here in our place though some parts of the country are already improving and many commercial buildings are on the rise.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
@dodoazo I don't think they will ever stop living. Fields used to surround the neighborhood I used to live in, but now I would not recognize it they have built so much around it. The fields are gone. The same thing is happening where we live now.
I just love to drive around and take pictures. There is always unusual things to take pictures of.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
I agree. I also find that if I have a camera in my hand when walking I notice things worthy of photographing I never would have taken a second look at before.
@prashu228 (25797)
Beautiful picture..i like to take pictures near beach
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
I like to take pictures at the beach, too, but I don't get there very often. There is always sky above me.
Beautiful photo. My favorite spot to photograph are the two lakes not far from home. The Lake Como (in Italy) and the Lake Lugano, here in Switzerland.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
We only have a tiny lake here, and it usually shrinks in summer if we didn't get much rain. There are slightly larger lakes a bit farther out, but I've never visited them. They charge admission.
@bagarad Our lakes are big and there are villages on the lake shore. The Lake Como became pretty famous for the fact that George Clooney bought a villa there. It is a beautiful lake. We go sometimes to have lunch in the small village of Bellaggio.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
@LadyDuck I'd still like to see your country someday, but I doubt if I will ever get there now. On my one European trip, I only got to what was then Yugoslavia (Serbia and Croatia now) to meet Hubby's relatives, Austria, and Germany. The only place we didn't visit relatives was in Austria, where we spent a couple of days in Salzburg.
@cttolledo (4952)
I have one place in my mind in this very moment, a sea side boulevard in the province a perfect place to witness the sunrise, sunset ,clouds and blue sky. I missed that place.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Do you have a picture taken there to share with us?
@cttolledo (4952)
This photo is beautiful! I can see why you enjoy taking photos there. I have never been to a winery or vineyard before although there are tons of them within 2 hours of me. My boyfriend has been to many. Maybe this summer he and I can go to one of the newer ones he hasn't been to yet.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Don't get so distracted by the tasting rooms you miss the vineyards views.
Looks so lovely and peaceful. Right now I'm looking out my window at what I hope is the last snow of the season!
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Although snow looks beautiful in the photos I see, I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. It's really nice in the winter to be able to walk safely to my mailbox or drive my car out of the driveway without worrying about shoveling snow first or driving safely in snow. It's also nice to have flowers year-round,even if they are sparse from late December to late February.
@Prdhan (603)
Your photo shoot is very good.Cloudy sky your choice.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Thank you. A sky without clouds is just a blue or gray blanket or a blank canvas.
@AkoPinay (10050)
The Beach This is a screenshot of my own photo just using an iPhone. Can't upload original because of its size
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
How beautiful! You can't beat getting the sea and the sky together in a photo.
@stapllotik (1093)
Lovely ! You made my day. I go to seashore where I can do such activity.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm glad you enjoyed my photo. The seashore does, indeed, offer wonder photographic opportunities. It's just too far for me to get there as often as I'd like. I can't go anywhere in my area where a vineyard isn't less than a ten-minute drive. And wherever I go, there is always the sky.
@miketagz (7494)
I like your nature photo, everytime you wake up in the morning, its really comfortable and sometimes windy, sunny and the temperature is a little hot. It's fine with me except if your zone is like going in sauna room, trapped in smokey hot place. You're like dehydrating. Need a lot of water because summer is coming to town very soon.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Our climate is dry, and the temperature does often get into the low triple digits in summer. That's the only thing I don't like.
@miketagz (7494)
@bagarad That's the disadvantage. During past years, summer is natural but right now summer is bizarre due to climate change.
Yes I do. I love your photos.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Where is your special place?
That photo sure gives tell tale signs of peace around you. My garden is where I get ,my subjects to shoot. I have loads of sunrise photos and yesterday I saw the sky without any clouds whatsoever - a clear blue sky.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
I would have guessed your garden is your special place, since you post so many pictures you took there.
@bagarad I like the picture. Thank you for sharing it with us. I cannot think of a special place I like to photograph.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
You're welcome. Do you have a special place that you don't photograph but just like to be in?
@bagarad I reread what you said. No, I photograph most places that I like to be in.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
@Hannihar That's good. Then you can save the memory of being there.
• Pleasant Hill, California
The first thing I thought when I saw your photo: "Hey, this looks like around here!" Yep, California has a distinctive look.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
Parts of it do. But then there's the deserts and the north country where the oaks turn into redwoods or cactus and no grapes grow.
I enjoy looking at the sky from my own yard.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
That's one of my favorite places, too.
@houda28 (380)
• Tunisia
Haven't been home in nearly 5 months. The view from my window looks just like the one in your picture. Thanks for sharing. You made my day.
@bagarad (12331)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm glad my photo made you happy.