Do You Live A Routine Type Of Life?

Do you like getting up every day and doing the same things? Shower, breakfast and then to work 9 to 5 , come home cook dinner, watch t.v. go to bed and start over the next day? Or are you one to get up and not know what the day will be like and you just go with the flow? Do you have a job but its never the same each day and never the same work hours, never the same people? Me? I did the work for others, strict routine for about four years, from age 16 to 20 years old and that was all I could handle. Before I was legal age to work my dad taught me to get out and find a job so that is what I did, I went to work and I was the boss and I made the work hours. I had discovered I was not a follower but a leader. There is nothing wrong with being a follower or a leader. The world has to have both to make things work. I do not follow routine, I expect no one around me to follow routine. Now I wonder, who has a daily routine? Picture is the rental I am working on.
I like some sort of routine, but not to do the same things every day, at the same time. I am a good second, my husband is a leader, this is why we worked so well together for 45 years.
LOL, I often allow the men to lead but if I know something can be done differently and faster I will show them but not in a witchy way.
@andriaperry The fact that my husband is a leader does not mean he is always right. There are things that I do "my way". In my kitchen I am the leader.
@andriaperry Oh goodness, you had a very bad experience. When we work, he leads, at home he is not "the Boss", I would say equality reigns.
We have a weekday routine - simply because Hubby works and the kids go to school with other weekly activities - and I get ready for their departures and arrivals . But in between when they are gone, I do the usual errands and such, but toss up the things that I do each day. Wth weekends, we have certain routines, but otherwise anything goes!
Now that life is doable for me.
• Marion, Kansas
That is where I want to be by August of next year.
I am retired now and I do what I feel like doing at the moment. Do not follow too many rules. I worked before and had to follow the boss's rules, that was enough for me.
I am glad that you are free!
@Courage7 (5553)
Well I dont have much choice about a routine..most days are the same now. There was a time tho that I never even knew where I would be travelling to next.
With a job like that I bet that was hard.
@Courage7 (5553)
@andriaperry I liked it, but I was much more able then than I am now.
I have a hard time dealing with changes so my daily routine is pretty similar from day to day. I have to have everything planned out I rarely am able to go with the flow.
Without getting offended can I ask something? Are you a control freak? LOL, I don`t want it to sound mean but My sister is and she gets upset if she cannot watch her nightly shows.
@shaggin See this I do understand needs a routine, I am glad you are doing so good.
I do not mind my routine at all.I liked it.
I am glad you do, seems to be good for you and you are thriving!
@andriaperry Not sure If I am thriving.But doing my best in staying alive
I am going to not be the same as most people and that is perfectly fine for me. As a person growing up i lived with a routine that others found strange. I made my bed. And brushed my teeth. After that I let the day go as it was. Now I wake up and brush my teeth and then make my bed. The rest of my day is not planned. if i am going out the door I am most often aware the same day. When I worked I would work and the rest of my day was never planned. Like this morning I swore I would not clean anything. I am waiting to get on my hands and knees with my new cleaner to clean my bathroom floor. My back is killing me in so many ways. But it's me. Hope you could understand. p.s I must say something. I know a lot of people who eat and drink before brushing that is what strange ment. thank you.
I have coffee and food before I brush.
@andriaperry Bless you dear.
Right now my life is very routine - with a few surprises every now and then.
I do love a good surprise!
@hostessman (8930)
• Tucson, Arizona
i agree with you i don't have a routine at all, it is what ever comes next is what we do
Well, I know I will work but its nice making my own hours.
I think most people fall into a basic routine or schedule whether they realize it or not.
Yes so do I.
You always strike me as being ambitious and as my grandfather would say "no grass grows under your feet". Now that I'm retired my daily routine is pretty much the same but I try to keep my life interesting so I don't get bored.The years I worked I did do the whole 9to 5 bit and looked forward to weekends so I could have fun.
Yes I guess I am. When I retire I want to travel and see everything and eat all kinds of strange foods.
I would say most of my days are the same, but not all. I also like to get away when I can and have a break in the routine.
I would love to do the mystery shopping.
@andriaperry It's fun sometimes..but it isn't if you don't get paid for your efforts and that has happened more than a couple of times!!!
@saiama (840)
• Mumbai, India
i am tired of doing the same old routine every day I wake up ............ i am not a follower at all but have to follow certain rules in this world of competition and jobs cant help
I do understand that.
@saiama (840)
• Mumbai, India
@andriaperry it is really frustrating you know sometimes I feel like quitting all but then I stop ....thinking of my family is what makes me continue to do this work 9to 5 jobs
• New Delhi, India
I dont have a schedule where you have things going the same everyday.
Me either and I enjoy life like this.
• New Delhi, India
@andriaperry . Well then you are enjoying a life that is much better than any other life .
@Kosgey (1214)
To me that's a perfect life we should be aspiring.
To have a routine or not?
@Kosgey (1214)
@andriaperry to have a routine life.
same routine everyday, i wake up breakfast bath cook brunch, buy essentials if any,, open my computer for some homebased job
What kind of home based job do you have?
@andriaperry surveys if theres available, ayuwage, mylot, virily
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
I have a daily and weekly routine. I would be bothered if I didn't have one. I like to keep my life organized.
Here life changes daily, when you think it`ll be the same something happens and its not. I have my life in order but things just happen.
@mydanods (6777)
• Nigeria
@andriaperry Same thing happens to me. When you think you have all the angles covered the unexpected suddenly comes on you like a surprise. Sometimes the change is pleasant but sometimes not so pleasant.
We have a regular routine to a degree but are flexible as well. If we want to do something differently we just go ahead and do it.
You are never routine! You get to travel!
@andriaperry But in between times we're a bit routine.
@dgobucks226 (10860)
Very good question For me I do seem to follow routine each day with minor variations. I am a list maker and need to check items off it every day to feel a sense of accomplishment. Of course, when I am on a vacation it is so relaxing to not have to worry about those lists. Maybe I will try to plan an occasional imaginary vacation day in the future, because following a set routine can actually become stressful in addition to unfulfilling.
Well I make a list to make sure I get to everything I need to get done in one day.
@dgobucks226 (10860)
@andriaperry Do you always complete your list? I always seem to run out of hours in the day to get everything I want done.
@Daljinder (21025)
Routine hasn't been part of my life ever since I left my job. It's go with the flow type of living. Since I work freelance I do keep allotted time for that.
But I love not punching a time clock
@Daljinder (21025)
@andriaperry Oh man! Don't we all? Now I do work on my own time. And no boss to report to.