Thank you, Old Man Winter

@sallypup (29377)
Moses Lake, Washington
Hubby and I wanted to drive across the county so that we could go to a play. Its the Barefoot in the Park play. Simple enough.... Its a cold day. Tons of wind gusts. Just above freezing. The Old Man started dishing out snow but the wind blew the snow off the roads. My job was to keep the car driving along the road, not bouncing into a ditch. I got that job done good enough and thanked God that the snow wasn't a match for the mighty wind. Barefoot in the Park was a comedy. The actors did a great job. I liked watching live action; it always amazes me how a stage quickly turns into a living room or whatever the play is set in.
I would love to attend a play.
@sallypup (29377)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry I hope you can find a playhouse near you.
@Plethos (11632)
Sounds like it was a very enjoyable play.
@inertia4 (27785)
I have seen few plays in my life. But I would never want to drive across county in the snow to see it. And besides, here in NYC, I just need to hop on a train and I can be in Manhattan in like 15 minutes. So, that is an advantage here.
@sallypup (29377)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@inertia4 You do live in a culture rich part of the world. The other reality for me is that I must have a car that is reliable cause it was darned cold today and much of my drive had very few houses along the route- lots of open space and nobody around to help should we need it.
@inertia4 (27785)
@sallypup I understand that. My girlfriends sister lives in Long Island and out there they need a car for sure. Which is why I would not live there. NYC maybe be a rich city, but not everyone that lives here is rich. Unfortunately. But it is what it is. I am just a regular person. Nothing special here. I have a car also, but I do not live in Manhattan. I live in Brooklyn, yes it is a big city as well. But you do need a car for some things. And for me, it is my kids. I have to to go half way to get my kids, they live with their mother. So I need it mainly for that. Otherwise I can use Uber or a train or bus.
Live theatre is so interesting and often great fun. I'm glad you made it there and back safely.
@sallypup (29377)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv I am in total awe of folks who can remember their lines and turn themselves into pretend characters, all in front of me and no bumbling around.
@sallypup Some are exceptionally good at it aren't they?
@kobesbuddy (57488)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This sounds like a fun thing to do, I'd love to go to a play!
@sallypup (29377)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kokesbuddy. The theater is never very full. I go to the day time matinee so that it is an easier drive. I wish more folks in my area would go to the play.
@kobesbuddy (57488)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@sallypup I'd prefer the daytime matinee, also. That would be so much fun!
O olove ot watch a reaol stage play tye are a otoffun t watc reaoloy
@sallypup (29377)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley If you were closer to me I'd bring you with us.
I am so scared to drive in the snow. I'm glad you arrived safely and enjoyed the show.
@sallypup (29377)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin I have driven in the snow and you are right, it is terrifying. Thanks for your well wishes.
I am glade you got to see the play and you enjoyed it.
a sort of entertainment to pass time