JJ's Vinyl Madness Countdown #635

By JJ
These guys have never had a 'huge' following. They have released 15 studio albums between 1979 and 2014, with 5 different lead singers and various drummers/guitarists, etc. One of their biggest blows in the early days came in 1983 when the band Quiet Riot released the smash record "Come On Feel The Noize", causing some confusion about just exactly who was Riot. Original founding member Mark Reale was the only person to appear on all of Riot's releases until his death in 2012 - subsequently, the band changed their name to Riot V, 'retiring' the original name in honor of Mark. This is from the 1983 version of the band. Riot - Restless Breed
Loanshark by Riot from the album Restless Breed
Never heard of Riot. Only the quiet ones.
• New Delhi, India
Same here.
Kinda sad, they'd been around a few years and then suddenly people are going "You mean Quiet Riot?"
• New Delhi, India
@JolietJake . This is really saddening.
@FourWalls (12854)
I'm not too educated on metal and all its variants. Is this "speed metal"? I listened to "Violent Crimes" and it was pretty good. Sounds like something my putting coach pulls into Putt Putt blasting.
I wouldn't call it 'speed metal' which, to me, is playing extremely fast just for the sake of playing extremely fast
• New Delhi, India
The cover page of your album looks cool. It is actually looking like the 1983 version.
Riot rocked. Very underrated band.