Fairy lights

Rosarito, Mexico
The fight is long and hard sometimes. It feels as though that there is no end to the long winding tunnel. The fairy lights are twinkling but no actual way out of the darkness can be found. Still, I trudge along. The laughter in the air is like a shotgun to the heart or gut. It hurts more than anyone will know. They say, sticks and stone will break our bones but names will never hurt me on the playground growing up, but that is bull. Names will smite the wounded or the full grown man who has never seen a battle of any kind. Names hurt more people than you will ever know. They say, grow up and grow a pair when we tell our tale of how names have killed more people than they have healed. They don't know and will never understand. The mentally ill are not the only ones that it hurts. It creates mentally ill as well, I must note. Not everyone is born a psychopath. Some are created from bullies. Psychotics have always been here. They have just been hidden better. Most have been placed in prisons. Now we deem it too harsh a punishment. Punishment? They were put away to protect the innocent. Some nuts are better not known about as we find cures for them. I'm sorry my rant isn't politically correct. The Mentally ill like myself need to vent, and your politics doesn't do a bit to help. The medication is nice, but we really need stricter anti-bullying laws. Still, that would take away from our constitutional laws...that being the right to speak one's minds. It is given in the 2nd amendment which gives us the right to speak freely even if it hurts others pretty much...even if others don't agree with it. Fairy Lights, I see them every night. Fairy lights, they give me such a fright, because, there is no way out of the darkness this night.
@oahuwriter (1792)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is sad that there are mean, bullying and harsh people in the world! Prayers helps tremendously. Don't give up, life will become loving with prayers. Sometimes giving the problem to God to solve is a wonderful way to get help, love and cures too. Take care and don't give up for you're God's child and God loves his children always.
@Plethos (10262)
All it takes is for one person to stand up for you, then you will start a wall of support off of that.
• Rosarito, Mexico
The support is there, the mind isn't always.
• Rosarito, Mexico
Thank you.
This came from deep in your heart, my friend. As a country, we have let our children down, I believe. Not enough is done by parents, the nation, and the schools to ensure students, to the best of their ability, lead lives that include good mental health.
• Rosarito, Mexico
It will get better. I hope. I'm starting to think AI's might do better at running the country, but not really.
@ginsengnuts77 Humans sure do seem to mess things up due to never learning their lessons the first time around.
@cintol (5422)
I don't know how to respond to this, I feel so bad for your right now. This world has always been cruel but has become more so over the years. Many people don't understand that words are verbal and verbal abuse can be worse than any other kind. Once the words come out of your mouth, you can't take them back and your ears cannot unhear them. Everyone should be allowed to speak their mind without judgement but not at the expense of someone else. Feel better
• Pamplona, Spain
Hope things get sorted out for you. There are bullies all over the place too its a big problem here also.
I'm so sorry that you feel like this - is there no support group to help you?