Like being stabbed.

@eileenleyva (10964)
People we are given to live with can be mind-boggling. I reminded a classmate long ago that she couldn't be president of an association for a number of years. An association entails a constitution that must be obeyed. And the constitution said that officers must be elected every year. ' Instead of a Thank You for the gentle reminder, a friend confirmed just today that my person was distorted and maligned, reason enough for me to feel like I was stabbed. Oh well. What gains someone such nonsense but her own ugly recourse. I feel good enough that a true friend was able to discern and rightly advised me to remain as I am. Things have ways of resolving, and characters are defined quickly by the display of their true colors.
Things do have a way of working out.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Yes, that is true. But I have felt my other friends distant or aloof. However I do take comfort in the thought that if they really are friends, they know me through and through. Perhaps they are just wondering.at what brings an unhappy situation. You are right, things will work out just the same.
That's a shame but there is no point in having a constitution if it isn't followed.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Exactly what I pointed out in the beginning. I knew she will be questioned. I advised her in good faith. I was a friend. Funny how friends turn out to be. Sigh. I was expecting a little humility. That wasn't to be.
@eileenleyva That's a great shame but surely others will be aware of the rules too and she will have to accept the constitution.
@eileenleyva (10964)
@JudyEv That is what happened inevitably. The older members started asking why she was president for a decade. An election was called, and a new president was installed. I suppose she felt she had to defend her self. Her way was to pan he attention on me instead of her self.
@mandala100 (46389)
@eillenleyva Remember that the world is full of trickery says the poem "Desiderata" my friend.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Thank you for reminding me Desiderata. No doubt, the universe will unfold as it should. I did memorize that poem back in college. Couldn't recite it now but the truth lies in the deepest recesses of my heart. Here's the trivia. When I read the Bible cover to cover, the verses of Desiderata were there. :)
@miketagz (7494)
Don't be bothered that such kind of attitude. Even though God says love your enemies but it may find seem difficult. Anyway respect each other.
@eileenleyva (10964)
You know what, miketagz, when someone tells me to love my enemies, I look up to the heavens and ask God HOW? I don't like enemies so I don't create one. But time and again, God needs to play with me and test my mettle.
@miketagz (7494)
@eileenleyva It's a challenge but God didn't want to play with us, need to fight with the negative energy. It's like someone who cursed with another spirit that gains control who didn't intend to deal with. If this was a real intention then better to avoid. Need to deal with any kinds of temptation.
@eileenleyva (10964)
@miketagz True. So far, I am succeeding in avoiding. There's really no point in prolonging the issue. It has no bearing at all on my life/ I suppose writing a post about it and the advice of friends here on mylot helped a lot. Thank you. You are very understanding and supportive.
You are better off with this 'friend' of yours.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Yes. I have no intention of saying hello. I can cut clean friendships that do not enhance my person. It is not friendship at all.
@eileenleyva life is too short to spend it with toxic people.
@eileenleyva (10964)
@allen0187 Indeed. There are much more in life than endure the useless tirades of people with diminished capacity to love another. Yes, their toxicity level is beyond me. Gosh, and I was called earlier to ask if I can come join a meeting. I have not confirmed. I am on an errand this afternoon.
@JustBhem (39506)
• Davao, Philippines
Stabbing someone will do no good for everyone.
I'm sorry you were told that. Yes, people do show their true colors eventually.