Save money by spending more on my phone !!! Not likely....

United Kingdom
So, here I am , sitting at my computer, minding my own business, when my phone rings .... Okay ....so I am not that busy, and , although I know it will be someone trying to sell me something ( it always is ) I thought I would answer it... Mistake ... After the initial hello...I am ... how are you ...that's great ... We get to the nitty gritty ... Her " I see you don't use your phone a lot " Me " That's right " Her " I could save you money " Me " could you ? " ( I very much doubted this but I was willing to listen ) Her " I could offer you unlimited texts, unlimited calls and 250mb for £6.50 a month" Me "I have 200 texts, 100 minutes of calls and 1500mb and I never run out of any of those and it only costs me £4 a month " Her " oh " long pause Her " so you wouldn't be interested then ? " Me " No" Her " okay well if anything changes give us a call back and we will see what we can do for you " Me " Bye" Why on earth don't these people check the accounts before offering something which clearly is not a better deal !!!
I can never remember what we get but I trust my husband to get us the best deal. I know - I'm really lazy - but I do do other stuff.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Because they're scanning down a list of phone numbers and using a script?
I have a landline at home that I give people to leave messages on and I call them back on my Smartphone. Most of the time I do save. Only if I have to make overseas calls is my phone bill more.
I suppose the money saving bit comes with paying only an extra £2.50 for no limits on texts or calls, meaning you could always use your mobile to make calls without ever worrying that you're going over your limit. That is quite a bargain if you don't need the data.
I rarely use the phone to make calls so hardly ever use the 25 minutes a week anyway ...Usually I text people on a Saturday to use up the texts before the new pack starts on Sunday as I rarely use all my texts either. I don't use that phone for internet anyway so that's never used up.
I only answer a call if the call is from a number I recognize. Saves me a lot of useless talking.
Because they have a list to call and this is the only thing they do, they check nothing.