God Told Moses to Speak to the rock.

Rosarito, Mexico
Why does Moses like to embellish on God's plan? Numbers 20 20 In the first month the whole Israelite community arrived at the Desert of Zin, and they stayed at Kadesh. There Miriam died and was buried. 2 Now there was no water for the community, and the people gathered in opposition to Moses and Aaron. 3 They quarreled with Moses and said, “If only we had died when our brothers fell dead before the Lord! 4 Why did you bring the Lord’s community into this wilderness, that we and our livestock should die here? 5 Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to this terrible place? It has no grain or figs, grapevines or pomegranates. And there is no water to drink!” 6 Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the tent of meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. 7 The Lord said to Moses, 8 “Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink.” 9 So Moses took the staff from the Lord’s presence, just as he commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank. 12 But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.” 13 These were the waters of Meribah,[a] where the Israelites quarreled with the Lord and where he was proved holy among them. I just occurred to me, that he hit the rock instead of speaking to the rock. He was a naughty boy. He embellished on the word of God. What else did he embellish on that God might have let him get away with that this round he decided to nudge him and say something similar to, "YOu spoiled brat, I tell you to get your brothers and sisters and you play with them instead of bringing them home to their promised lands." Actually, he said that wouldn't be allowed entry with the rest of the group because he is in time out. Luckily for him, he got to see part of the lands given when Jesus was on the Mountain talking to them. I don't know that I trust Moses all that much if he existed. Also, where is this rock? I want to see it. Is it still pouring water. That would be a great thing to have (a rock that gives water all by itself)
@Plethos (11570)
i guess moses couldnt smell what the rock was cooking.
@dodoazo (21609)
Moses misunderstood what the Lord has commanded him what to do. Talking to the rock and striking it with a staff are two different things. That's why men wisdom is foolishness to God.